Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

server connection problems

Options
  • 09-02-2004 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

Just reinstalled Quake 3 (and for some strange reason the opengl subsytem error ahs disappeared!).

Added in the 1.32 point release which installed punkbuster.
    Enabled punkbuster.

however, when I tried to connect to games2.iol.ie I got the message that illegal PK3 files were installed (I havent installed anything beyond the initial game and point release).

THen tried connecting to quakeworld.ie server and was told Invalid/corrupt CD key.

Any ideas?

also, on a side note, couldnt download any of the files from quakeworld.ie, server kept timing out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

the pk3 error probably means you need to download the latest OSP, a mod which is on most servers and gives you stuff like fullbright enemy models and fancy scoreboard and stuff, you can download it at http://www.orangesmoothie.org/

I think its about 45mb... if youre looking for a quick fix there are still a lot of servers in UK and Europe that arent running OSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

yep, that OSP thing sorted it out.

Is it just a general drop in on games2 or are there nights where there are more on than others. Went on last night but apart from one guy timing out there was only Zero.. dont really want my return to quake to be a complete humiliation :)

Advertisement