Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEAM.IE/London/Koopa's replacement.

Options
  • 08-08-2000 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Right lads,

you have had your two weeks of taking it easy, we now have 2 weekends of praccy before the big one. Some of the lads are organising to play loads of Quake in UL this weekend, like I said I can't be there, but can come up on Sunday morning.
    Nicky, Chris, Andy, I want ye to go down on Friday, as far as I know Jay and Sonic are sorting out PCs, Bunny will be down there this weekend also.

Now, Koopa cannot go down, as he as exams, and even if he volunteered to go down, we wouldn't allow him. The guy is about to get ****ed out of college, he has to get these exams, so this is the end of the line for him until he has them done. He's not sure if he has one on the 26th or not, he reckons that he has. Now, that means that he cannot practise with the team, and even if he does get over to London, it will be late on Saturday, by which time we will have most/all of our games played, depending on how well we do. Therefore, we need a replacement, and that replacement has to practise with the team until they go over to London.

The replacement is Jay, I don't think that decision warrants an explanation. Nicky/Chris, Koopa more than likely won't make it to London, this weekend I want you two lads to show Jay and El_Pres exactly what you want them doing in the wars, you lads have played probably more wars than the lot of us, so this is your team, show them the ropes, get as many wars in as you can, and I'll see you on Sunday.

Zero.

Btw. Red Bull declined to sponsor us. They are however, giving us two cases of Red Bull.
    Hurrah, or something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

How was this fourth member picked Ronan??. Just wondering. No offence to you Jay either your a good player.

Jedi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

I gave him a blow job. easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Not that complicated Tom.

1) Himself and MP were the only two who turned up on Friday, after we asking for TEAM.IE players to come.

2) He is easily the next best after the four on the team.

There isnt a problem with that is there?

[Edit] Sorry, Himself/MP/Overlord/Koopa turned up. half asleep here.

[This message has been edited by Zero (edited 08-08-2000).]

Just a bit disappointed that the players who turned up for every other training session didn't get a look in. Thats actually the first training session Jay turn up at.

Doesn't feel fair thats all.

Tom/Jedi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Why, who would you suggest? Not that it matters, Jay is the 4th player, but who do you think should be there ahead of him?

• Advertisement

A ****, there no need to reply. I just feel a bit gutted at the moment, thats why I'm moaning.

Listen Jeff you probably are the best for the job. Just give it your best lad thats all us Irish quakers want. If I had been picked I probably would have buckled under the pressure anyway smile.gif. You have improved no end in the last month or 2 and I know your a very good team player.

fair enough I accept the decision (as I cry here) so best of luck Jeff

Tom

Ronan you were not meant to beat me with the reply there. After thinking about it your decision is sound.

Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

having played with dave in quakeworld, and seeing him in q3 overall, i think he probably is the best choice for the team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

k, I'll be down at the weekend and I'll bring a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

if the other 3 team members dont object then he gets my vote aswel..

if any of them do then we have our list fron the original trials anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Here, Tom, no hard feelings.

I was at every training session that was ever held in Limerick, don't you remember me there?
    Sure, who's computer was nicky playing on?

Thanks Sam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

I for one have played Jay and can honestly say hes got one of the best aims going.. I think he can handle the pressure.. I think he has the style and even a bit of skill. Anyway, he gets my vote.

One thing tho, I don't think he can handle the fame.. I dont think he can handle being a Supa Quake Star like me so you best cut him smile.gif

Advertisement