Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink

Options
  • 09-02-2004 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

Anybody remember them(mid 90s). Great album called "A Map of the universe by Blink" - Used to have it on CD but got smashed - Just picked it up for 6.99 in Chapters. Also just ordered their 2nd album from the states. www.irishblink.com has some songs on it.

Their web site suggest they were to release an album around end 2002/start 2003 but I can't find a trace of it. Anyone know if they released it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

Yeah, I remeber them. I was (still am) a huge fan. I had the first album on tape for years, then finally got it on CD about three years ago. (It also had a track included that the tape didnt "Ed's Got A New Car") Some of the lyrics are brilliant especially "Is God Really Groovy?" "Going To Nepal" is one of my favourites though.

I got the second album back in 1998. "The End Is High" I just happened to pick it up in the shop in town and never saw it for sale anywhere again after that. It's a decent enough album and features "Cello" and "Fundamentally Loveable Creatures" off the first album. I prefer "A Map Of The Universe" but havent really heard much about/from them in a while. Last I heard, America seemed to be their port of choice, and it looked like they were doing fairly well for themselves.

Must check out the songs on that web-site. Nice link kida

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah, I love Blink too..... I'm glad to see they're still around. I'd love to hear a new album from those guys. Map of the Universe was brilliant, The End is High is 90% brilliant. "Baby you broke my heart..." has one of the catchiest choruses ever. :)

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭patch

Used to like these guys a lot, Cello had a fantastic dance mix if I remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

They were great, part of a music scene that seems to have utterly died in the last few years.

They play whelans about once every 2 or 3 months and they are going to be touring Ireland this year. The singer works in a pub in ranelagh if you want to ask him yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I've done recording with Robbie in their studio, and they do promotion aswell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement