Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB cap enforcement

• 09-02-2004 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭

Hopefully I will be getting this soon. In the meantime, I'd like to hear peoples experiences with the 8gb cap. Is your total data transfer accurately measured? Has anyone actually compared their stats to those provided by iol? How often does it update?
    Do they charge for going slightly over, or only if it is a significant excess?
    ( I am aware of the charges, and the terms and conditions. I wish to find out how it is enforced in reality. ) Thanks for any replies.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this is covered all over the boards, basically if you go over the 8gb cap you risk been shut out from the IOL service till your next month starts. It hasnt happened to everyone who has exceeded but it has happened to many. Also your downloads cap is updated when you log out and log back on to the next session. Do a search for iol cap in these forums and you will find much more accurate information.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

this link below deals with many people who exceeded their IOL broadband limit.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132337

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Cheers.

Advertisement