Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copying CD Problem!!

• 09-02-2004 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Hey

I was wondering if anybody had a sugestion on how i can rip a cd i just bought. the CD is Greastest Hits by the Chili Peppers but it has a sticker on it claiming to be "Copy Protected" i have also tryed to rip another CD (Missy Elliott This is not a test)with the same sticker and it won't work at all!!

I am using Musicmatch Jukebox Basic i think its 8.1 or something

Any suggestions?

Philip:cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

Why not just extract the Tracks off the cd with Nero and then just burn a new copy

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Whats Nero? and where can i get it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

CD burning suite of tools.

http://www.ahead.de/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

hey, can copy protected tracks be ripped to MP3. i remember trying to rip Christina Aguilera for my sis, and it was playing it at the same time it was ripping it, so it was severely slow, used MusicMatch, ver 8 i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

I tried ripping that Chilli Peppers cd yesterday with pgodkin. It's copy protected. Got a read error in musicmatch when I tried. Then I tried to burn a copy in Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 but the tracks won't show up. There is a very limited media player on the cd that plays the tracks when you insert the cd into the cdrom. Has anyone successfully ripped this CD into MP3? How?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Lads.
    Try ripping with CDEX. Search for it on the net. It will see the tracks on the CD and allow you to rip them to MP3. It worked for me on the Thrills album which was copy protected
    thegills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭bazman

If all the above fail then you can resort to TotalRecorder from http://www.highcriteria.com/

This will record any audio stream into most formats (e.g. mp3).

It's difficult enough to set-up, but will work for any CD that will play on your PC.

Tried CDEX yesterday aswell. The tracks aren't being read. It comes up with about 16 data tracks and one audio track of over 60 mins duration!!
    Originally posted by bazman
    If all the above fail then you can resort to TotalRecorder from http://www.highcriteria.com/

This will record any audio stream into most formats (e.g. mp3).

It's difficult enough to set-up, but will work for any CD that will play on your PC.

That software costs money! Put basically, own the cd and want to convert tracks to MP3 to put on MP3 player. Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

CDEx - I think maybe different versions of CDEx work. The Thrills CD plays on the PC withs its own media player. It wouldn't play in the standard players and I couldn't burn it straight with Nero. CDEx worked though (I'll find out which version tonight)
    thegills

Just tried the latest version of CDEX and no joy

• Advertisement

any other suggestions lads?

Philip:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,011 ✭✭✭uch

Get Nero, Can't fail, I'm always copying copyrighted cd's

21/25

yeah but we tryed that and its not workin right! it picks up the cd and names but only one track has the enitre cd on it (all the tracks merged together) any way to fix that?

Philip :cool:

Advertisement