Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grub

Options
  • 09-02-2004 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy,
    I posted a message about this a while ago, when I was wondering how to use it. Anyways, some kind soul gave me instructions for booting...

rootnoverify(hd0,0)
    chainloader +1
    boot

... which was cool, but I have to do this every time I lturn it on. So...
    can anyone tell me how I go about getting it to do this automatically? I only have one OS on the machine, which is XP (hence the posting in the Windows forum)

ta,

KR

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Why are you using grub if you're not dual-booting?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I used to dual boot, but then I got rid of Redhat, and in my own special way I managed to screw it all up!

any ideas (besides removing XP!)?

KR

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Hmmm, how about clearing out the master boot record? (boot off a floppy disk and run fdisk /mbr)

or install a different bootloader (like OSBS)

or correctly configure grub (any linux heads wanna post a config or something?)

If you want to go the OSBS route, I have a binary for it on my PC at home if you want it :)

Advertisement