Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Harcore Holly in latest SD magazine... Nothing but inspiring!

• 09-02-2004 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Ok, I read every wrestling mag avaliable in this country, and when I worked in Forbidden Planet I was lucky enough to be able to get my hand on magazines that were not so easy to get in this country.

Ive read many articles, alot are crap, especially the article Brock Lesner wrote about himself in WWE mag (now Smackdown) last year. It was about how he was such a violent "Gladiator" as a child and how he wouldl "Lock adults twice his size in (his) Brock Lock". Propaganda. Then there was FMWs history in Powerslam Magazine. I have that article mounted onmy wall at home it was that good. Ive read it so may times and it is one of the greatest and most articulate pieces of writing in a wrestling magazine ever. Then there is Total Wrestling, or as its know to real wretling fans as the "lick HHHs balls, slander cruiserweight" magazine. Yet I can stop reading it...

Smackdown magazine was born 3 months ago and so far it has been nothing special. But I picked it up this week, a giant pic of Rey Mysterios smiling face gracing the cover, with burb of a Dawn Marie photo shoot inside. I parusled through the articles, but none hit me harder then Hardcore Hollys amazing and inspiring neck surgery and recovery. Now, it isnt a huge article, but I was so moved by his braveness. He lost his marrage, kids, he contracted a hip infection from the surgey, almost reached a stage of paralisis. The neck surgery was so difficult due to the enormity of the break and damage, that his neck is even less mobile then Austin, Angle and Benoits necks together.

Guys, read this. If your ever gonna buy a magazine by WWEs lame ass writers and editors, buy this one. I wish I knew a link where I could get this story and post it here for y'all. Trust me, you will look at this guy in such a different light.

Hanza

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Thought his match against angle was class last week!
    He looks so impressive since his comeback!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

and agenst brock he looked good and made a old out of date submision like the full nelsion look grate

wwe magazine sucks, all the wrestlers are in caracter and they seem realy silly

speaking of magazines did anyone get wwe's 50 gratest superstars i taught it rocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I was soo pissed off at the rumble when he was pinned after just one f-5. I cringe everytime i see that footage of him breaking his neck, while I remind myself of the sacrifices these guys make. Speaking of neckbreaks, I wonder how Edge is doing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

itll piss him off to miss another wm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

Hey i admire anybody who can come back after having to have neck surgety and all but i still see holly as no more than a mid card wrestler.I think it was a mistake to let him anywhere near Lesnar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

I have to disagree.

Usually letting a midcarder, which unavoidably holly is, near a main eventer, especially the champion is a big mistake. Holly made the best of it, put up a good fight, but it was obvious during the match that he was playing the part of an underdog, and did it well. The inevitable out come was his defeat, but, on brocks behalf, a hard earned victory.

The point and conclusion to this rant is, it was a strange, controversial and dangerous way of giving holly that big push, and could have blown up in there faces. But, unusually... it worked.

Lets hope WWE dont decided to do it anymore, its a method that never works. This is an exception to the rules...

Hanza

Advertisement