Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Wireless Broadband

• 09-02-2004 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭

Has any one used there Home service?
    Whats it like for Ping's/Uptime etc.. www.digiweb.ie

Just found out its available in my new house and was thinking of getting it in.. The phone line failed the EIrcom DSL test.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Digiweb were manly a very expensive satellite based service up to now, with impossible ping times.

They're rolling out a fairly recent wireless network in the north east of the country but it's too soon to know how good they are ! Which network are you targeting ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭lazygit

Originally posted by Reyman
    Which network are you targeting ?

What do you mean? i wont be geting the satellite service. Ill be going for the Wireless Option. There base station is about 1/2 mile from my house and can be seen from my roof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

The wireless service is good AFAIK. Using good line of sight kit too which is reliable.

Dont know much on pings etc but form what I have heard the service in general is very good as is customer service...That said I have not used it myself but know a few people in Dundalk that have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Do digi-web have nodes on the top of the Boyne Cable Bridge or Platin?

If not then wtf not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

A friend of mine was on their residential package and had terrible speeds...Lots of downtime...Lots of problems..

He has now moved onto one of the business packages and is very happy with it..

Is one 2.4 and one 5.4??

• Advertisement
Advertisement