Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrupt Profile, AGAIN

Options
  • 09-02-2004 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

it happened again. Logged into win2k, got "Your profile appears to be corrupt"

this pisses me off something special, and MS barely acknowledge the problem. But the only thing is, it seems to be only my puter that this happens to. Thinking about getting some better RAM into her, some ECC stuff.

anyway, this is basically just a rant, but does anyone else get this. Local PC, no domain or roaming profiles or any of that, plus been more stable than most large boulders

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

It sounds like some app is messing with your profile.

I've never seen that error (either in a domain or standalone client). Check that there is no spyware or any app that screws with your ntuser.dat file.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

how the hell would i find out if something messes with the ntuser.dat file?

thats actually the first sound advice ive ever had for this problem.

Ive known its the NTuser.dat file thats corrupt, it must faila checksum or something, but all of the data is fine in the profile, i just copy it into the new profile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

First off run adaware and spybot on the system. It should find anything adware or spyware that could mess with the files.
    Next bump up all the security logging on the system. Turn on everything and next time it happens go through the file and try find anything out of the ordinary thats near the time.
    Another thing you can try is this program
    http://www.webattack.com/get/filesyswatcher.html
    It watchs files on the drive in real time so if something is at the file you'll know.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

the computer aint connnected to the net, an i dont install anything that i dont know inside out, so id say the chances of spyware are next to nill. Will give it a go anyway

Advertisement