Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bad News about WWE tickets :(

• 09-02-2004 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Ok guys bad news....

Ive dedicated today to finding out everything I can about the WWE tickets. Its not looking good. Weve all though it will be easy as sh1t to get front row tickets, not the case my fu*kers. Oh NO!

I rand 2 sets of people I personally know that work in ticket master, aswell as getting a few people to enquire for me. Tickets are set to sell out in 15 minutes. There is a rumour that was divulged to me of a second date if the tickets go in a desired time, which I was led to believe was under 30minutes.

I was highly advised to que over night for tickets "near" the front row. Unfortunitly thats whats its come to. I am not bullsh1ting you.

Since I love y'all :) I thought u guys should know first intead of a bunch of skanger marks that are so tick they will go there chearing for Rick Rude. Anyone gonna be in Dublin from Thur 11.00pm to Friday morning with me?

Hanza will be there, anyone else with me?

Hanza

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Which is why i'm getting someone with a credit card to get the work done.
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Yeah, but what happens when they cant anwser your call cuz so many ppl are ringing to book tickets??

Im worried now!!
    Thankfully down in Wexford there are only a small group of wrestling fans so we'll be the only ones at our ticketmaster!! No queing, its our only hope!!
    Still have to try get them to open earlyer and book the SECOND there for sale!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Thats why Im NOT getting a credit card booking done.

The chances of getting a front row ticket on cc is the same as Yokozuna running into a Wrestlemania XX Hell in a Cell 24/7 Hardcore rules title match between Rey Mysterio, Kurt Angle, Bret Hart, Hayabusa, Chris Benoit and Mick Foley, and vacating the title to Rico.

No way in hell!!!

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Damn kids, thats why Its only safe to get front row(haha, like itl happen!!), or first tiered sections!! Noone in front, no kids to be mangled!!

• Advertisement

Also no beer to be spilled, might I add!!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

i was asking earlier but does anbody know what the setup will be like??
    are we talking proper raw set??

Also if, which is most likely, we cannot get ringside or even next best would the view still be good in the cheaper seats??????

This really puts it in perspective, i mean this is like along the lines of a WWE sized house show. And look at the buy rights in the states. They should come here and England more often. They make more money on over sea shows, and we are the second biggest ratio based WWE visual, PPV and merchandise purchasing customers, with the states obviously no.1

If all goes, we wont have to wait another 10 years for the next time they get here.

Hanza

If you go into any ticketmaster oulet, they'l have a copy of the plan, most should have the setup for wrestling!!
    First 8-10rows will be perfect view, other than that Id go for tiered for height!!
    The point is a really small venue so anywhere will have a decent view, I had nose bleed seats for WWA last time in the point and I still had a quality view!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

To be honest, i dont care if i don't get front row. Just somewhere with a decent enough view. Just as long as i get in!!!

Nero

• Advertisement

In a word Bungalo Bill... no!

The other seats will suck unfortunitly. Your looking at first 8 rows or bust! I tried to get info on the set and layout but no luck. They dont even know how the point is being converted yet. All they know is :

WWE tour of Defiance Eire tickets equals hot cakes.

Hanza

At tour de force some guy in the first row had a massive Hulkamania sign and the crowd booed him every time he got up!!

I want, no, need to be that guy!!
    Cept with a Storm 1:08 sign!!

Hanze, my local still had the set up from the last tour, i doubt they change it too much!! But its real close or a bit of height only options!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Hanza - they have this thing called 'internet booking' now. :)
    You generally have a better chance of getting a ticket if you book online rather than ring or Q

...ya know... I never once thought of that!!

Would it not take ages to fill in the form and send it, especially with the credit card ****!!

Oh yeah, whats the story with ordering over the phone with the CC, how do you know where they're giving you seats??

Internet net booking... NO WAY!

No only joking. No man, I know that but theres no point in trying 2 get them off the net if there aint none left. The chances of getting front row from a CC or the Net are slim and none as Ive already said.

All Im doing is spreading the word o' HANZ, thats it... Im gonna get this canged to the dont believe Hanza board. Pro Wrestling doesnt sum it up well enough.

:D

Hanza

So basically queue just like all the other suckers??
    Might have to reserect the old sleeping bag then!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Well I suppose its only to be expected considering its there first show here in 9 years, hope the second show does come off, at least if you miss it first time around and all that

Shin

Dont hold your breath for the second show. Like I said it was a RUMOUR.

Im just spreading thw word guys.

Look, lets hope we all at least get our tickets.

Hanza...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

ok, here's a few things, first i wouldn't get so hung up about this, tickets will sell out, but if you're there when the tickets go on sale(on the internet or in person) you're very likely to get tickets. I doubt queing overnight would be necessary, just get the first bus into town in the morning, or to wherever your nearest ticket master is.

The one thing i would say is that being there in person does not guarantee tickets, i queued for david bowie tickets back in 1997(i was at the front, showing up at 8 am) and got tickets, but a lot of people in the queue didn't get them. The problem was that most of the people who wanted to go were older people who have credit cards so they stayed at home. The same will apply for the wee tickets except in reverse, most of the people wanting to go will be kids , and they'll be getting their parents to pay for the tickets.

Just on the front row thing, for a lot of events it's not actually possible to buy the best seats directly from ticket master, they're usually given to corporate packages, and to friends of the promoters. so you may not be ablke to get front row seats, but if you're in the €60 section you should have a pretty good view.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Originally posted by LanceStorm
    Would it not take ages to fill in the form and send it, especially with the credit card ****!!

ticketmaster have been known to let tickets "go live" on the net a couple hours before they're meant to i.e. if their goin on sale at 9 am Fri, u might well be able to book em online at 6 or 7. alternatively, if they dont go live until 9am, just sit there with 10 browser windows open and a fast net connection (net cafe maybe) and the refresh button is your friend.
    Oh yeah, whats the story with ordering over the phone with the CC, how do you know where they're giving you seats??

never trust em. been given wrong stuff a couple of times by ticketmaster staff, wrong seats, wrong nights etc. basically dont get off the phone till ur happy u got what u want, or book online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

whats the truble with cueing i cuied for all my gigs and alwalys got the tickets, although i do have a policy of going at 6 and staying in the car till the first persion shows up, at metallica nobody showed untill 8

Ok, I may have gotten worried about the tickets, and i doubt Ill be in all night, thats pointless, but I will be in at six in the morning.

For some reason everyone is getting on my case. Why? All I did was tell you guys that I got a little information that took me hours to get, that I didnt have to share with you, but Id rather have u guys there then a bunch of skanger marks. What did I do wrong?

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Were not getting on your case hanza, but getting a little overexcitable about what someone told you in ticketmaster isnt the way to go.

youll get your tickets, just like everyone else will whose desperate to go

Shin

youll get tickets no bother if your a big anough fan but for frunt row you need to know somebody or start queing now

now go

Im there man! And as God as my withness I am gonna be in the front god dam row.

And Im gonna say HOOOO V1 styl-ee and stuff to Matt Hardy, equiptwith my huge big "PUSH MATT HARDY" and "NO1 IRISH TRISH FAN" signs. :D

Or mabey not.

Hanza

have a boards.ie sign id like to put a face to the name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

i reckon anyone who was in the front row with a boards.ie sign would go down in infamy. . . if u got a picture of urself with the sign u might even get ur mug on the front page of boards for a couple of days, u never know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Fearo

What will be the limit on the number of tickets you can buy? Looking forward to this one! But Ive also got two tickets for wrestlemania XX in madison Square Garden to look forward too!! A lot of trouble to get them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

Do we have a definite on what time the tickets will start being sold at?

Accordig to all sources, its 9am Friday!!
    I'll be checking ticketmaster that morning till I head into town!! Hoping for an early sale!! Front row fingers crossed!!

9am

There is a chance they could be on sale even earlier. If you really want front row, never over look the power of bribery. But u didnt hear that from me... ;)

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

A question that may already have been asked.

If I did get ringside tickets - would I have a specific seat? ie. I wouldn't get there a fiend some boards.ie member sitting there grinning at me?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Nolimits

The way it works is you say howmany ticks you want, what price range you want and then you get onto the second page, from there you have 5 mins to complete it or else your not garunteed those ticks, ie you have to start again

Originally posted by Gilly2003
    A question that may already have been asked.

If I did get ringside tickets - would I have a specific seat? ie. I wouldn't get there a fiend some boards.ie member sitting there grinning at me?!?

Id be sure its allocated seating!!
    Noone from the board should be sitting in your seat!!

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Nolimits
    The way it works is you say howmany ticks you want, what price range you want and then you get onto the second page, from there you have 5 mins to complete it or else your not garunteed those ticks, ie you have to start again

Im confused tho, do you get to pick your seats or are they randomly picked for you in the price section you picked??

when you buy your ticks your given a row number and a seat number (maybe also a block number)

I think i'll just forget about the internet booking and just wait on the streets like most ppl!!

LanceStorm, where are u gonna be waiting for the tickets? Im gonna wait in Stephens Green.

If one where to book the tickets over the net, how are the tickets dispatched to that person?
    Post or are you given a number or something in your e-mail and you have to go pick them up?

Hanza

If they are handled like concert tickets then they are posted to you but if you do book them online be sure to save the confimation web page just in case!

• Advertisement

you can collect them up at the box office, you need to have your credit card there for id.

Originally posted by Hanza
    LanceStorm, where are u gonna be waiting for the tickets? Im gonna wait in Stephens Green.

Hanza

Im down in wexford, so i'll have a slighly better chance than most!!
    Wexford is somewhat lacking in wrestling fans, any that exist I know, so i'll just tell them all to meet at 830, but actually be there at 8 to get first in line!!

Sligo is the same as far as I know. Im gonna leave early for work....check out the scene at the Ticketmaster outlet. If theres a big queue i'll head on to work and get them online.

Thats the plan anyway!

Well I'll be at stephens green shopping centre 7am Friday morning. Lance, my family have a house in Hook head, and I know what your talking about.Wexford isnt exactly Irelands answer to Phildelphia :)

Lucky SOB. Roll on Friday...

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

Im gonna take my chance on the auld credit card. Last time I bought tickest was for Bottom in the point and as said you just specify a price range and number of tickets and the computer will pick the "Best Available" for you. Got third row for the gig but was slightly off to the right - still kick ass seats.

Moral of the story:-

If you want front & centre queue
    If you want front & less hassle book on-line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Desmond Wolf

Like any other event , tickets for the front row or anywhere else will be available by credit card phone/internet booking or in person. Obviously , someone on the phone or the internet stands a better chance of getting one quicker than someone standing behind 300 people outside ticketmaster

Originally posted by Hanza
    Well I'll be at stephens green shopping centre 7am Friday morning. Lance, my family have a house in Hook head, and I know what your talking about.Wexford isnt exactly Irelands answer to Phildelphia :)

Lucky SOB. Roll on Friday...

Hanza

Is there no lesser known ticketmaster in dublin, im just thinking somewhere like stephans green will be packed, but I suppose at 7 there wont be many or any before you!!

Cool, I can see Hook Head from my house!!
    Cant wait, I love the build up to these things, getting the tickets are as much fun as the event!! (well kinda...)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

AS a member of staff from Ticketmasters main agent in Dublin, Ticketron, who own the Stephens green outlet among a lot more, I recommend either the outlet in the Square Tallaght or the Omni Park Centre in Santry, no majors queues, turn up at half eight and you are laughing for tickets

Thanks man!! See I knew it, go to the lesser know outlets, even if it means a different town!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Another useful one that a lot of people dont know about is in Finglas Village. Its in this tiny little record shop opposite the credit union and superquinn. There is never anyone there buying tickets so if the staff arent stupid you should be okay. Its amazing how easily the staff can **** up the quality of someones tickets purely by not knowing what they are doing

• Advertisement
Advertisement