Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team.ie training - UL / Nethouse

Options
  • 09-08-2000 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭

I was talking to Zero lastnight, and he reckons a lot of people would prefer to have training in Nethouse this weekend.

So i'm just going to present the arguments and ye can decide by posting here.

Limerick:
    We have 2 rooms, means team.ie in one and the challengers in another.
    All connected to web. we can play LAN games AND Net games, depending whether we feel like improving our tactics by playing people like 4K and SK or improving our LAN aim, by playing on LAN, (which I think we can do next weekend).

The team can get to know eachother better as they will be practically locked in one room, can feel free to comment on each others play without feeling ashamed (me) cos spectators are listening in.

We can go out and get locked on friday night and spend a full 2 days playing games late into the night. (That's gotta be good)

Everyone will be staying in the same 2 or three houses nearby, not spread out all over the place.

I will pick people up from station or bus stops.

Dublin:
    I'm not sure exactly how much time we can get playing in nethouse. I reckon that they would prefer to have paying punters than gamers using their machines, I could be wrong.

Everyone will be sleeping in all different places in dublin, so we don't get as much time together. I think it is important that the team should spend as much time together as possible before we go to london.

I think it is just sheer laziness if people don't come to limerick. We might as well do this thing properly.

I know that yeah it's easy for me to say all this, but when it comes down to it, I only want to see the team do well, and as I have said before, beat at least one team while we are in london. (Finland you're going down - *cough*)

And yeah I can hop in my car and bring the ul people up to dublin, no problem. You might say that i don't want to go to dublin because I don't want to put myself out -

WRONG - I will be organising most things in Limerick, along with Sonic, ferrying machines, organising the rooms, accomodation, and then tidying up, after everything once everyone has left.

Limerick means more work to me than Dublin, but I want limerick because I think it will be more quality practice than nethouse.

One more thing. There will also be more options for opposing teams in limerick. (LAN or NET)

Look. just come to fu<ckin limerick, you know it makes sense.

now I need a few yes no replies posted below please, so we can finalise plans. So post, don't just read.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I will do whatever I'm told.

I can go down to UL or go to the Nethouse for a big chunk of the weekend depending on what everyone wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Personally I'd prefer Limerick. Why?

Love the atmospere, always a good laugh. Great place for team building. Excellent physilities, we can all play on our own machines and practice vs the best in europe. Theres no time limit on how long we play.

It makes more sence to me to go there.

The Nethouse also a great place but not as great for team play because of excessive noise from all players. I find it very difficult to communicate with my team when playing there.

But as like Andy I dont mind if its in the nethouse. Just looking forward to a good weekend of gaming wink.gif.

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Well Any practice is good practice, and if the worst comes to the worst, we can play on net.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

ok, just found out that i have to pay months rent next week so i cant afford to go down to limerick, i know what you are thinking, its no problem, well pay for you to go down, ah ill buy you a meal, ah ill get you a pint, no, i both cant and dont want to accept that sort of situation. im afraid its dublin or nothing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

i think jay is right, lads do what you feel is best , but we do have some animal machines here now jays and mine will be PIII 933's with geforce2's by the weekend

Shadow is out of the country for 2 weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

nicky i have the money i owe you so you have no excuse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Cheers Sam glad to see the old studing is helping you with the spelling smile.gif. I must be the worst at spelling in Ireland. hehe. Dev setup spellcheck on this site please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

limrik for sure.

nicky juts come to limrik man, ill buy you a pint, ok? sorted.

the layout in nethouse sucks hard, the way the Pcs are setup, everyone shouting over each otehr. bla bla.

and sleeping in dublin, ppl always arrive late, in limirk everyone is close, no hiding.

limrik.

[This message has been edited by [sk.Ser] (edited 09-08-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

dublin

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

Atmosphere (at-mos-feyur)
    Facilities (fa-sil-it-ees)
    Sense (sen-s)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

sorry tom its for your own good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

so does team.ie need people to play against on the lan??

Well I don't really know,
    we have Jedi, Gerry, Sonic(maybe away), Podgeen, Jethrog, OL(might come up),
    bunny, can't think....

Okay, I just re-read my posting, it comes accross as if m and Zero are arguing about where to hold training. He phone me lastnight at 12.30 and said to post up, and let the audience decide.

That's why I need replies.

If ye want nethouse, then we have to book it, the sooner the better. So the more replies I get here, the sooner we can book Nethouse if that's the way it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

i thought ye'd want a few good games though?

Well lads, just decide at some point today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Unity, decisiveness and a sense of purpose. That's what I like to see. How can we lose. Ooops I have transgressed the line that is the domain of the Q3A team.ie. It won't happen again. Well maybe, no it won't, well it might.........

M

Cryptic remarks there from Musican but we still havent decided where we are going yet.

Advertisement