Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lectures Giving exams on Rag Week

• 09-02-2004 8:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭

Just wonderin how many people around the place are getting exams during rag week. The tool of a lecture that is Bernadette Power decided she is going to give my class an Operating System test on the Wednesday during rag week. She thinks this is quite funny by the way. She then had an argument with us that rag week doesn't start until thursday. What the f*** is all i have to say!!!

I think the miserable bastards enjoy doing this kind of thing.

(Bye the way ShayK & Stevenk, you know we have a Maths Test tomorrow, and that Bernadette Power won't be in cuz she's going to get some dog to piss on her)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

rofl :)

good, maybe the town won't be full of so many retarded drunk idiots as it usually is then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

You think you've got it bad? Our class has to have a project deliverable for that week. Quite an important one at that. Losing a day or 2 of rag week isn't the end of the world, especially when you have the nights to look forward to.The day time entertainment last year wasn't the greatest, fake wedding and such so if that's anything to go by..........

And mordeth, yes there will be as many retarded drunk idiots as normal. But you could take to the streets with a chainsaw to do something about it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The lecturers do it every year all you can do is have the project finished the week before and be prepared for the exam,
    From my experiencs theres a very poor turnout for exams durin rag week anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Originally posted by i_am_dogboy

And mordeth, yes there will be as many retarded drunk idiots as normal. But you could take to the streets with a chainsaw to do something about it.

surely a bible would be as destructive in the long term, and i wouldn't need to wear protective overalls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Aren't they supposed to be trying to stop all classes for that week?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

They won't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I had an exam in rag week during first year, no big deal. Nothing scheduled for this year, though there will probably be an assignment or two due in right afterwards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

<sionnach> stupid lecturer
    <sionnach> launches into a full lecture at the start of teh year
    * sionnach grumbles
    <seamus|verk> Shocking
    <seamus|verk> Imagine a lecturer lecturing
    <Lump-> I dont even get lectures
    <seamus|verk> What is the world coming to?
    <sionnach> shockin carry on altogether
    Rag week has never been a big thing in UCD anyway. I don't see the significance. On rag week you go out every night and drink a lot. How does that differ from any other week in the college year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

On rag week you go out every night and drink a lot.

Because ya drink all day as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Lecturer's pull that stunt every year. ****ers. If noone shows up, how can there be an exam...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by UnrealQueen
    Because ya drink all day as well.
    How does that differ from any other week in the college year?
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

If noone shows up, how can there be an exam...

There's always a few ****s who show up.....

Originally posted by SheroN
    There's always a few ****s who show up.....

holy ****? people who go to college and actually attend classes? that's terrible carry on, not like the good free loading folk who live off the government(or mammy and daddy) and don't bother with the class or assessment thing? thats what you meant right? that the people who DON'T abuse the irish college system are the problem here

maybe i'm over reacting, but shouldn't people be allowed attend if they want to?

that's terrible carry on, not like the good free loading folk who live off the government(or mammy and daddy) and don't bother with the class or assessment thing?

The 2 have nothin at all in common,

Lecturer's pull that stunt every year. ****ers. If noone shows up, how can there be an exam...

I wouldn't bet on it,
    you have an exam know u have an exam don't go therefore fail
    Its those that turn up that will pass and if hardly anyone else does they will pass for just turning up besides their dedication.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Definitely overreacting ...
    I'm planning everyone else to feic up - so that maybe computer industry will revive itself due to people stupidity - where there seems to be an abundance of!

Originally posted by Moonbeam
    The 2 have nothin at all in common,

I was referring the people who fit into both these categories, not implying that all people who are on the grant or are getting money from their parents are freeloaders.

ps. that point was implied by the 'and' in my previous post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by elvis2002
    The tool of a lecture that is Bernadette Power decided she is going to give my class an Operating System test on the Wednesday during rag week.
    Can I come?
    Even tho I'm not in college anymore, I'd still like to come.
    And Moonbeam, you come to.
    We'll just say that we weren't in at all the whole year.
    Like old times:cool:

Power Ranger does this alot. Also, does she still favour the girls?

Apparently a deal has been done with management by the SU, we're gonna have thursday and friday off officially, which i supposse means that classes are expected to happen 'till wednsday, and maybe even nothing rag week related in the college? But I'm not sure if anything i heard is true, it may have been our lecturer trying to get us to show up for the exam that monday. Anyway, if we do get the days off, it probably means there will be more effort put into making the end of the week a blast, which would be good to see........especiall after last year.

Anyone else heard anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

Our Class Tutor Bernadette Power told us that we have Thursday and Friday of Rag Week off!

Originally posted by ShayK1
    Our Class Tutor Bernadette Power told us that we have Thursday and Friday of Rag Week off!

Same here, must be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

F***ing Class!

If yer off Thurs + Fri, that means Rag Week officially starts on Wednesday:)

Which means the Carlow drinkies on the 25th will get that bit better:) (promo's everywhere)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I thought Promo's and Happy Hours and SH!T like that were illegal or something these days??/

Or are they just Frowned Upon????

They are if the only go on for a few hours,
    They arent if th offer is no for the whole day/night

Read the blurb, you'll need to have 75% attendance for the week in order to get the days off. You'll also have to attend any presentations or the likes, so anyone in my class will still have to write that user manual for next thursday. Not so bad, at least the SU are doing something.

A hint of a day off and people will take it off regardless of any condition. Everyone will be scraggs monday morning aswell, always the best day.

Advertisement