Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Word Processing Question

• 09-02-2004 9:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭

Right, I've just finished an essay for Uni. I have my bibliography typed up. However we were told that it has to be in alphabeticall order, or we'll get marked down. Our tutor said it could be done automatically in Microsoft word. However he never told us how to do it.

Does anyone know? I have two and a half pages of refrences, I don't want to have to arrange them by hand (or whatever)

Cheers,

John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Copy and paste the text into Excel, ( it should paste in each reference into a unique cell, using carraige return to paste to a new cell), run a data sort, and it should sort them alphabetically.

I used Openoffice, and it worked fine. I don't know of a feature in Word to do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yea, forgot to reply last night, that's what I did. Cheers

John

Advertisement