Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(RANT) IOL Broadband

• 09-02-2004 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭

Modem finally arrived (a month after ordering!!). Went to set up and PPPoe test failed. I've been bounced back and forward between Technical support and sales for the last few days - 6 phone calls in all with lots of promises to ring back etc. etc. I'm told by technical that I have an "incomplete application" but as I say, the modem arrived followed by a letter welcoming me to IOL.

I'm dissappointed with the IOL backup / customer support. Has anyone had similar experiences?

Jorg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Just do a search for IOL in this board, and you'll see that their support has been (quite literally) compared to monkies in the zoo. And its funny cuz its true. Muppets, all of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rrolfe

took 5 weeks to get mine.
    they tend to send the modem before the line is setup.
    ask them the date they are going to turn you on.
    dont expect to be turned on early.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭rrolfe

oh yeah also the tech people cant do anything till the billing is setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Its probably eircom the ones who are at fault, they haven't upgraded your line yet, they are in no rush and they know it's IOL who will get the hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

IOL, joke !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

From oceanfree to IOL broadband - ive found IOL services to be a whole lot more reliable than eircoms and i have never had any problems - now thats not to say their tech support/customer support is wrecked but so is eircoms and most other technology companys - except 3com, where the guy actually knew what he was talking about, rang me back a 7pm and never once tried to fob me off for the hour i was talking to him.

Anyway, from my experience IOL's service is good (bar the disconnects over the last week) but dont expect the minimum wage support to help much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭jorg

Surprise! Surprise! - the BB has just been switched on. After another 3 calls today, it got sorted. Problem was my password had not been inputted into the system. Doesn't sound like rocket science but there ya go!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

I had years of trouble with IOL/EsatBT. I would never use them again. Everything from billing to technical support is totally incompetent. They also heavily oversell bandwidth at the expense of the existing customer.

Advertisement