Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese lovers will Like This

• 10-02-2004 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭

Konbanwa

U may all find this of interest.....im part of the first ever leaving cert class to take japanese as a subject. its being organised by the languages initiative and the department of education and science. The pilot class of japanese will take the exaim in 2004 :p

its pretty good...i like it as a language and the "japanese" japanese teachers are hilarious but i have't got time to learn it on top of my other 7 subjects so im not very good :)

Also I could do with some help on another topic I posted a sec ago...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140337

Herr Krupp Of Essen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Thats great. I had no idea they were doing that, seems an unusual move. Well, good luck with your future studies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Flashraziel

Hey Michael,
    Where are you from? You don't do Japanese in Rathmines do you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I wish they had this kind of thing in my day.
    Kids these days don't know how lucky they are!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I did a summer course on japanese this year, and I'd be interested in getting it as a leaving cert subject, its a great language. Michael, could you give me any information on taking it up as a subject?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

The Ilac library has Japanese conversation sessions one day a week. Give 'em a ring and you'll find out when. The idea is to swap English help for Japanese help; lots of Japanese people living in Dublin come in.

(I saw them all totally gobsmacked one day when an Irish person visiting home after a couple of years in Japan wandered in and greeted them fluently! No one said anything; they all just gaped!)

• Advertisement

I dont live in dublin, unfortunatly. Stupid Culchie *shakes fist at self*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

U may all find this of interest.....im part of the first ever leaving cert class to take japanese as a subject. its being organised by the languages initiative and the department of education and science. The pilot class of japanese will take the exaim in 2004 :p

Whatchoo talkin' about? It's been an official LC exam since 2001, maybe earlier.

So, since only 39 people took it this year, how many people have actually taken the exam without taking it as a proper class?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Sico wrote:
    I wish they had this kind of thing in my day.
    Kids these days don't know how lucky they are!
    Yeah same here, I'd have dropped Irish/German like a brick :confused: :mad:
    Japanese people are so cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

myself, I'd rather learn chinese. More useful I think. Especially since japanese in ireland are almost non existent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Is that so elvis? Which dialect? You are aware there are over 50. Each as different from each other as french is to italian. The official (government) one is Mandarin, but that's not even the most spoken...
    So learning one dialect, maybe not as useful as you think..

• Advertisement

apexaviour wrote:
    Is that so elvis? Which dialect? You are aware there are over 50. Each as different from each other as french is to italian. The official (government) one is Mandarin, but that's not even the most spoken...
    So learning one dialect, maybe not as useful as you think..
    pwned.....

:-D

Anyone who did japanese/ has skill with google got a copy of an LC paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭Lantis

I'll scan mine in when my scanner decides to talk to me again, I have both levels here for this year, and higher for 2001-2003.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

"pwned.." didn't know what you were talkin bout.

TG for the urban dictionary:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwned

Nearly embarassed myself severly there (phew).

Just wrecked it didn't I

Thanks a bunch
    apexaviour wrote:
    Just wrecked it didn't I

Yes. Go disembowel yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Kitsune

http://www.education.ie/home/home.jsp?maincat=22823&pcategory=17233&ecategory=17313&language=EN&link=&page=1

You can dowload the syllabus for Leaving Cert Japanese from this page. Its a smallish PDF (~300k)

Advertisement