Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I cant notice the difference between my onboard realtek ac97 audio and my audigy 2.

• 10-02-2004 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

Obviously something is setup wrong right? The only difference is i can have 6.1 instead of 5.1. How do i notice the difference? Grrr...i have creative 6700 6.1 speakers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you a mic on you onboard and then on audigy 2.

you'll notice difference then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

i have the same hardware and wen i switched i noticed a big diff. Only 1 problem tho, i cant get the mic on the breakout box 2 work,( it the sudigy 2 platinum ex) it seems that the system is poicing up the sounds that are being outputted as the mic input, ie if i was trying to set up the audio/video for msn messenger and was playing a cd the music would be the only sound thatmade the testr bar go up and down, it wont pick up thru the mic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

whats all this talk abotu microphones? I dont have one. Cr3mo, i have no clue what you just said. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭cheradenine

If you can borrow or have a pair of decent full headphones you should try listening to a cd through them as it's easier to judge the quality difference when you're listening to it more directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,654 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Ronaldo7, you need to install the software that comes with the audigy2 if you haven't done so already. Then install the update you can download from creative's website. The difference in quality (compared to on-board) should be rather spectacular :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement