Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question regarding pay and display parking

Options
  • 10-02-2004 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Got clamped for not paying for parking on Camden Row (just up from Whelan's) this evening, thing is this was at 21.40!!! I've parked there loads of times before, and tonight was the first time I've seen the parking times are from 0700 to 2400 (post-clamp). Previous to this I believe it was until 1900.

I'll assume the smart arses amongst us will point out I should have checked the times anyway, but this is the first time I have seen restriction times stretching that late, and I wasn't alone cos there were two others clamped. Since the place I parked is fairly popular with Whelan's and The Village customers, I'd imagine they're making a small fortune on the street.

Does anyone else know of areas which have unusual time limits applied for parking? Or any insight into the rationale for restrictions which are so late (other than to gather revenue;) )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Bad luck mate, was it clearly signposted; if not then it might be worth an appeal. The only reason they need is to rake in extra cash, there isn't a traffic or parking problem that late in the city. That is the first i've heard about charges after 7pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Q3000

Yea there is a fair few 0700 to 2400 parking areas on residential streets around the Portobello - South Circular road area, it is suppose to be that residents can find parking outside their houses when they come home in the evening (not that I can anyway)

You need to check when you park as there are no rules for this, the street I live on has 0700 to 2400 parking but the next street over is 0700 to 19.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Checked with Dublin City Council this morning and was told the times for that area changed at the end of September last year, due to residents complaints regarding their own parking. Funny thing is, as I waited for the clamp to be removed, the parking spaces empied as Whelan's disgorged its crowd, so I reckon the residents are still finding it as hard to get a space. The woman I dealt with suggested I try appealing to Control Plus, but i reckon thats not a real goer.

I'll take it as a lesson learnt. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Some areas (I think about 12-14 streets in the whole city) had been 24 hour, so as to allow residents access to parking in their own neighbourhoods.

However, this was found to be impactical insofar as it meant operating a 24 hour service instead of an approximately 18 hour sevice. Secondly if a parking space on say Upper Leeson Street was still occupied by a visitor at midnight, when a resident came home, it was quite possible it would still be occupied until 3am, thereby not actually assisting the resident

Advertisement