Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom BB enforcement

• 10-02-2004 1:44am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

ok, i know 4gb is a pretty poor cap, but Ive heard people saying that eircom arent strict on it, but how much so.
    I had an eircom rep on telling me they dont enforce it at all, but Id believe him after Bin Laden is made a saint.
    So around how far can you push it before being charged/cut off??

Flogen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

The cap enforcement for eircom has not been brought in yet so you can download as much as you want........
    Go with IOL BB

Thanks joePC

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

thats what Ive been thinking alright.... i figure that it wont be long until they DO bring in cap enforcement, and Id be stuck with 4gb for a year... while 8gb seems healthy enough for my needs... and at the same price (bundled anywho)

cheers,
    Flogen

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

The cap enforcement for eircom has not been brought in yet so you can download as much as you want........

I dunno wot to believe now, in previous treads some ppl have claimed to have barely exceed the 4gb limit and have been charged, I would love to see proper proof if this is the case, Im getting eircom broadband this friday and wud love to exceed that 4gb limit by a few gigs but after reading so many comments im not so sure that I would get away with it, if I did get charged for going over by even 1 or 2 gigs I wouldnt be able to afford it so for moment i think i'll stick rite to the 4gb limit. I may well ring eircom on friday and ask them about that limit and try and get any firm comment if theres gonna be a cap increase soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

when u get some more info post it back here will ya. I've got eircom BB and i haven't gone over my cap much. Only by about 300mb's or so. didn't get charged for it though

Advertisement