Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEAM.IE read - Training in DUBLIN this weekend

Options
  • 10-08-2000 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Right lads.

The fact that you can praccy against clans on the net is a good reason to go to Limerick.
    The good reasons NOT to go to Limerick are :-
    1) We won't have 8 machines in UL, ppl like Podgeen etc actually like to use their own computers the odd time, which is perfectly fair enuff.
    2) I am not around til Sunday, so no lift down for ppl or PCs.
    3) We only ever got 3-4 wars for all our trying down in UL.

The reasons for Dublin are -
    1) Loads of PCs available 24/7
    2) The PCs in London are going to be foreign PCs, so you have to be used to not playing on your own machine
    3) The majority of the QuakeHeads (Nicky, Andy, Bunny, Vorosha, Slaan, Koopa, MP etc) are all up here.

So, I'm sorting out Nethouse for this weekend. Like I said, I won't be around until Sunday morning, but the plan is:
    Play on Saturday from about 2 til 5/6. Get your food. Play til about 11. Go for a few pints.
    Sunday is more or less the same, but Jay etc will be heading off in the evening.

So, Nethouse for 2pm Saturday, I will ring Shadow about it.
    We need four players to play the team. Bunny is the only definite I think.
    Sonic, Mindphuck, Gerry, Vorosha? Can any of you lads be there for the weekend?

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll come along for the second session, I cant get there during the day.
    (not to play you understand but to finally sort out travel arrangments).

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

I need a place to stay and a place to park the car, if anyone loves me enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

tom..you left something in me gaff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

So, what 3 people apart from Bunny can play the team for a weekend?

Jedi maybe?

and can Koopa make it at all at any stage?

And Eric?

sure Bunny, Jedi, Eric, Koopa would be a grand team.

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited 10-08-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

If I can be of any use, I'll drop in, but I'm thinking you need real opposition and not just cannon fodder smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

and if you can only come for one day or a few hours or whatever, SAY SO!!, if there is only going to be seven people there then there is no point in doing this, same thing, im afraid, if we have to play someone woeful like zero, eh, teeheeeee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I'll be there.

dave jeffries, get that money off sonic, and, much more importantly, my discman and cd that was in it, very important!! will be appreciated, dave podgeen has it i think

• Advertisement

Nicholas, my name is Dave JeffREYS, I mean how would you like to be called Nicholas CondOM???

Anyway, I'll get that stuff for you.
    Listen is there a place on your bathroom floor me? And a place nearby I can dump the car??
    Or will I curl up under the table in Nethouse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

I'll be there both days.

Jedi

have to keep Jay on his toes smile.gif.

Yes, I'll be a ballerina by the end of the weekend.

Lads who will we have in the nethouse. Do we even have 8 people. If we don't whats the point in going there.

The only names I see mentioned here are

Beast, Ser, El-Pres, Jay, Bunny and myself.

and Zero sunday.

do we have 2 more people.

Jedi

ill play if you like

Nice one Collie

Oi Jeff you english w@nker, you slaggin our surname??

I think Gerry said he would go?
    That would be four. I'll be there on Sunday.

Sort it out lads, 2pm Saturday.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'll be there on Sunday if needed.

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

yeah dave you can stay in my house easily, your car will get robbed though if its parked near where i live. i hope theres loads of people at tramco's when we are there

Gerry will more then likely go, I'll ask him when he gets back from work.

Lads,

I just cleared Nethouse with Shadow, (cheers, Neil). Now, Sunday is often very busy, so we kinda want to get in and out reasonably early, like 4pm or somethin. I should be up by about 12 I hope. It's important that you get plenty of games in on Saturday. Now, because they are going to be busy this weekend, the bottom line is that they don't want any scroungers, i.e. lads turning up and playing Quake that aren't directly involved in the team.
    I told him 8 players, I'm sure 9 will be allowed because we don't want one person not turning up and fukking the whole thing up on us. So, we have Bunny Collie and Jedi definitely turning up? Devore might be in, can Gerry verify if he'll be there, or Mindphuck maybe?

By being up midday Sunday, I will probably miss the most of it, so just get your heads down and get loads of games in.

• Advertisement

grand so ...see you then

I'll be bringing Podgeen (I think) and Carroll too, so I hope they will be allowed in.

Nicky - Tramco's - explain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

tramco's is the club next door, i like it when the nice gurls w8 outside and laugh at us playing quake3 on a saturday.

also, can some1 tell sonik to bring my money also please, he knows what i mean.

nicky, me and boys are staying ur house ok? k.

enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

I'll be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yeah I'll go

Cool so we have about 6 to play the lads now. We can swap around. The lads need to play good competition. We should be able make a pretty strong team out of these 6.

Jedi

Will Gerry be covered as one of the lads practicing with the team?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Its the same difference andy, the whole room is being used. If not I still have that card.

Nethouse Rathmines right?? and at 2pm on Saturday??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

High possibility that I will be there, I´m going home a week early so I will be in Dublin airport about 1

Might and might not goto nethouse, depends if I can get up there.

Advertisement