Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cd-rom problems

Options
  • 10-02-2004 2:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

i turned my pc on today and waited for everything to load up when suddenly i saw that my cd-rom drive (lg) and my cdrw was missing so i had no drives, so i opened the pc up looked for an old drive i had and popped it in and that worked so i know i cant be the cables or powersupply so any i put the old cdrom as master and i set the cdrw also secondary so its working fine now with the old drive.

now for the question is it a problem because windows has done me wrong or is the drive broke and useless to me ? i dunno do u fallow me plz try to help me thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Have you installed Roxio (Adaptec) CD burning software recently?

I've seen this happen when that software is installed.

The best (IMHO) CD burning application is Nero. www.ahead.de

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Like Colm said, if you're running EZCD it's a known problem (if so there's a fix for it on the Roxio site but you'd be better of taking the plunge for Nero)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

i did installed ahead nero just the other day could that be the problem if so how do i solve the problem .............. ? plz help:) thanks

Advertisement