Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avi previewer problem

• 10-02-2004 4:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

So i was d/l some movies with kazaa and wanted to check them and so was using the avi previewer thing to do so. only that after like 5-10secs it would just jump to the end of the amount that was downloaded and not show it all like. for example if it had 22mins d/l it was just show 1o secs or something. I thought it might be just a dodgy file but it was like that with 4/5 different files. so do u think its something wrong with the ai previewer thing or what?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

Don't know much about kazza
    but try this program
    http://www186.pair.com/vdub/
    It's free and it can view partial downloaded AVI file.

How do I recover a partially downloaded AVI file?
    http://mapc77.epfl.ch/gnu-generation/CD/multimedia/virtualdub/docu/virtualdub_faq.html#recoverpartial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

can prog wiew them while they r being download like the other does(or like it should do but isn't at the mo?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭str8_away

While the file is being downloaded it is locked by downloading program.
    Use file explorer to "copy and paste" or "copy to" a different directory.

The you can use vdub to view the new copy of file.

Note: If you are viewing partial AVI file then this file must contains the beginning of AVI. The beginning of AVI file stores infomation like format, key frame and deco. without it VDub would not able to play the file.

Advertisement