Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comreg Announce LLU .....again.

Options
  • 10-02-2004 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Many in here will remember the spat when Comreg announced that LLU in Ireland would cost €14.67 ex vat a month and were promptly kicked into the high court by Eircom. This was about June last year.

(NOTE: LLU is where your line is rented in its entirity from the exchange to your premises by another carrier and they must fully service it from their switch/dsl multiplexer located near the local Eircom exchange. WLR is where the line is connected to an Eircom switch as before but billed from the other Carrier 'as if' it was their line connected to their kit, that costs about €19 a month ex vat to the other carrier)

Comreg told Silicon Republic this morning that LLU will be going ahead at a cost 'not too far' from €14.67 , see the whole article Here . That figure is ex Vat so it translates into a reasonable margin for another carrier at about €17.75 a month. The LLU price proposed by Comreg almost a year ago would still have been the second highest in Europe at the time.

M

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by Muck
    (NOTE: LLU is where your line is rented in its entirity from the exchange to your premises by another carrier and they must fully service it from their switch/dsl multiplexer located near the local Eircom exchange.
    [or just the data channel, or just the voice channel]

Don't mean to be picky, but as far as I'm aware Esat will only unbundle the voice channel if you ask for it; i.e. the majority of unbundled lines will be data only.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

There are Partial Variants Adam at a lower price. Last years hoo haa was over full unbundling .... I think the partial price is in the €11- €12 bracket.

M

Advertisement