Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quicktime - Video but no Sound

• 10-02-2004 1:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

I've done a few searchs and all I get is people who get sound but no audio in quicktime. I recently got two quicktime videos from the same source and both play with video but I'm getting no audio from them. Does anyone know what the problem could be or direct me in the right direction. I've no idea how to check what codec for audio was used. If anyone can tell me how to do that either that'd be great.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭MrAbc

Hi,
    Two (freeware) utilities which examine a file's specs (for codecs etc) are "GSpot" and "AVIcodec".

If you haven't tried either: ...both deal with a similar range of formats: AVIcodec covers wmv/asf/mpeg formats more fully than GSpot but GSpot does a bit more hand-holding for the un-initiated -- at the expense of creating a cluttered (if informative) interface.

In particular, GSpot doesn't cover QuickTime in great detail... however you can select any media file, click on the test "render" and perhaps get useful info on your problems.

AVIcodec has "web" buttons to help find relevent codecs. I've not needed to use those, so I've no idea if they work!

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

I'd tried gspot. It doesnt pick up anything and render fails.
    As for avicodec. Thats one I hadnt used before. It aint opening the file though? It doesnt pick it up as a valve media file.

Any other suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Thanks for that. I'll test it once I'm home

Advertisement