Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Flat Rate & ISDN

Options
  • 10-02-2004 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭

as anybody had any issues using eircoms flat rate service with an ISDN router? I see to be having terrible problems with mine, i.e. it wont connect, works fine with the old eircom access number, eircom of course are their usual unhelpful selves

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

Are you trying to connect at 128k? If it's flat rate then your most likely only permitted to connect at 64k and they might be disconnecting you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Nuttzz
    as anybody had any issues using eircoms flat rate service with an ISDN router? I see to be having terrible problems with mine, i.e. it wont connect, works fine with the old eircom access number, eircom of course are their usual unhelpful selves
    You have to dial the number you supplied for the flat rate service.
    For 128k a second number is added to the profile for the dial up username..
    Eircomnet sales should be able to do this for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

em im on the exat same internet connection as u its gotting very slow and its takes 1 or 2 time before u connect i have talk to the operater services and they said there sorting the problems i dunno there big cheating costly company.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

What part of the country are you in? I do support in the midlands and I've lost count of the number of people who use eircom having trouble connecting, both free/flatrate/isdn and pstn. Everything seems to be running very slow, expecially login stuff like connection and e-mail synch. I know this doesnt fix your problem but its for information purposes!

I use an isdn router myself on eircon flatrate and in the last few weeks I've noticed it takes a couple of attempts at dialing up which it never used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Cork, it works fine on a 1892 number but just wont connect on a 1893 number and of course eircom are saying "well its not our equipment.................."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by Nuttzz
    Cork, it works fine on a 1892 number but just wont connect on a 1893 number and of course eircom are saying "well its not our equipment.................."

1893 accounts are tied to 1 clid (or 2 clids if you will bond for 128k)..
    Try and dial your mobile and see what clid comes up-then confirm with eircomnet that the clid (s) are associated with your 1893 username..

Advertisement