Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps2 chip in dublin

Options
  • 10-02-2004 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

hey is there anyone in d15 that can fit a modchip in a ps2 scph-500003 pal ps2 v9:confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

I think anyone with a v9 or v10 ought to read this, and it's the reason why I don't do these version ps2s:
    http://www.ripper-chip.com/ripper2/files/Dead-V9-Story1.3.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 samtheman

is this only with ripper 2 or with every modchip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

it does not matter which chip, all makes of chips have failed at some stage with v9 and v10 machines, unchipped units also fail as Sony's recall of all the silver v9s will attest to... not all v9s are affected but it is not worth the risk of trying to get a good one ... also I think there may be more to be discovered with these latest versions , I am a member of about 6 chipping forums and this problem prevails on them all, even the "pros"are are getting machines returned to them with same problems..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Yup,
    There are a good few dodgy 50003/4 console knocking about, The coils on the laser can be tested to see if the PS2 is one of the "affected" ones before it is chipped. This voids your sony gaurantee though ! Best thing to do is give the PS2 a good workout with GTA Vice city, as that game really makes the optics work really hard. Try that for a few weeks first as most "dodgy" PS2s die within a week or 2.

Advertisement