Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much would this Pc get?

• 10-02-2004 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭

Ill be selling this pc in a couple weeks, just trying to get an idea of how much to advertise it at. I know boards.ie ppl will knock it a bit, but i may put it in the B+sell.

Heres the specs:

1.0Ghz Athlon
    Msi florida mobo
    384 Ram
    32Mb TnT2 M 64 graphics
    20g HD
    Dvd drive
    Cd /Rw
    Floppy
    Kboard + mouse.
    Win Xp Pro. Office XP pro.
    and 17" monitor.

This pc was bought new and is immaculate. I still have receipts, manuals, ect Monitor,ect,,, is perfect.
    Im selling due to building a new system.

Anyone have any opoinions on the price side of things. I`d be hoping for 450 - 500 for it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

you might get that if you put it in the buy and sell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

its only worth 150-250 euro .........But im sure someone would buy it for 400 euro on B and S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

yeah I'd say 100-150

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

Theres worse than mine goin for E350 - 400 in B+Sell. And mines perfect cond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

that's because the people advertising in B&S haven't a clue how much computer hardware depreciates.

Are WinXP & Office XP legal copies? Would the licenses be included?
    They would both be worth more than the rest of it put together tbh.

I mean, I have a 32mb gfx card I use purely for testing whether or not my real card is working or not!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

I`d be hoping for 450 - 500 for it.

No chance. But if you do, kudos to you.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yeah - but you see the same adds week after week.
    People tend to forget that PC's depreciate even faster than large company car Puegots without a full service history.

Don't forget design life is usually about 5 years (ie. 20% a year)
    But you can get twice the speed/storage density for the same price evey 18 Months for the RAM/Graphics Card/system board/CPU /HDD - so depreciate these by 50% every 18 months in addition to the 20% a year on all components..

Excluding the SW you could get a new guaranteed system for less than you would like to sell your for. If you don't mind loosing Outlook then www.openoffice.org is a free replacement for Office. And if a student was buying it they would be able to the the M$ SW at a discount anyway..

B&S and be prepared to wait for someone who needs a system in a hurry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

450 - 500 for it

ha, on boards 100, 150€, you might want to try sucker someone through the buy&sell but the PC is a piece of ****......no offence.

Thanks joePC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭ronanp

Theres some dutch guy who'll offer WAY more than that if you go on buy and sell ;-)

Advertisement