Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-mail address question

Options
  • 10-02-2004 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I was told an e-mail address by someone but I'm not sure if I remembered it correctly. what I want to know is, is it possible to have an e-mail address which has no connection to a website. for example, there was no such website as www.aaaaa.ie, would it still be possible that someone could have an e-mail address of admin@aaaaa.ie?

Cheers.

BTW-aaaaa is only an example, not the actual e-mail.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yes. They just mightn't have a website.
    You can check if go to netsol.com and search for their domain name (the bit after the @) and see if it's registered to who you think they are, if it's registered at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    . what I want to know is, is it possible to have an e-mail address which has no connection to a website. for example, there was no such website as www.aaaaa.ie, would it still be possible that someone could have an e-mail address of admin@aaaaa.ie?

yes...(internet<>web)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by eth0_
    Yes. They just mightn't have a website.
    You can check if go to netsol.com and search for their domain name (the bit after the @) and see if it's registered to who you think they are, if it's registered at all.
    Yeah, cheers, it said it is already taken.

Advertisement