Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Berkeley, Coldspoon Consp., The Answer | Whelan's | Wed 25th

Options
  • 10-02-2004 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hey y'all,

There is a rather excellent charity gig coming up in Whelan's on Wednesday 25th February.

The line-up is -
    Berkeley
    The Coldspoon Conspiracy
    The Answer

Doors are 8pm.

Admission is 10 euro | 8 euro for students.

The night is to help send two girls to Moldova to look after disadvantaged and orphaned kids.

To hear samples or check out any of the bands....
    Berkeley
    The Coldspoon Conspiracy
    The Answer

I'll be sticking up a cheap-ass website as well so I'll keep yizzers posted on that over the next few days.

The gig is supported by iris so there'll be more info on the charity and the acts posted there over the next few days.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

Fab :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

:D
    That is all.
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Hmm wednesday night, charideee. Could be a good un. I hear coldspoon are quite good but then ive been wrong before.

With a nervous eye I shall be there

Feckin' love that song, they better play it. :D
    xm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭spoiltbrat

Originally posted by memaeve
    Feckin' love that song, they better play it. :D
    xm

Check out their website there's a deadly live acoustic version of "Everlasting Song" on it.... nice.

• Advertisement

On the Whelan's Feb 2004 gig guide leaflet it says The Things are playing at this and there's no mention of Berkeley. What's the story with that?! Come to think of it, it'd be deadly if The Things were playing with them too :D

The Things aren't playing - they were booked by someone else to take part and then they cancelled. Then I got involved and booked Berkeley, who I think will be better for the gig anyway. The Things are playing loads of gigs around the place and its not too often we get to see Berkeley. I reckon they're due an ace Dublin gig. They were amazing at Witnness and it would be cool to get some of that buzz into a packed Whelan's.

Oh don't worry spoiltbrat-I COMPLETELY agree with everything you just said :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

Originally posted by spoiltbrat
    They were amazing at Witnness and it would be cool to get some of that buzz into a packed Whelan's.

ah the memories, what an amazing gig! remember Tommy's opening line.....

"so you didn't go see the revs?":D

I f***ing missed it. I was at the f***ing Revs. What the f*** was I thinking??!!
    Ok, calm......
    xm

• Advertisement

Originally posted by The Weatherman
    ah the memories, what an amazing gig! remember Tommy's opening line.....

"so you didn't go see the revs?":D

Yeah, it was almost emotional that day - remember Turn playing to an absolutely packed tent shortly after it? I remember thinking "Wow, people are really starting to get this music... and they're Irish bands!".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fanjula

Wow that sounds like an amazing gig and for charity!
    :):):):):)

Originally posted by luce
    Oh don't worry spoiltbrat-I COMPLETELY agree with everything you just said :D

First time this has ever happened on a message board... probably also the last.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Bump ;)

It's on tonight. Do it for the cause like :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 coldspoon consp

should be interesting.

i've never seen either of the other 2 bands before.

if anyone here is involved in the organization of this gig, unfortunately we won't be able to make it in time for a soundcheck.

apologies, we'll be there as soon as possible.
    thanks

www.thecoldspoonconspiracy.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Originally posted by acquiescefc

With a nervous eye I shall be there

Tommy said he didnt play it cos he broke a string.

Ah well, new stuff was pretty class anyway.

Bloody loud tho, I know what ur thinkin but it was too loud if YKWIM. Couldnt hear vocals clear enuff.

Minor complaint

Great night was had. :D
    Thought The Answer were excellent too!
    Ears have been ringing since Muse so now they're just a little bit worse. :)
    xm

Twas indeed a fantastic night. I was very impressed with the new stuff. I can't wait for The Hub now to hear it again. But New Heavy, being my fav song and all, was definitely the highlight for me :) My body is aching all over from dancing so hard in heels...and my ears are ringing...but it was totally worth it!

It was a great night. Thanks to everyone who came and supported a very worthy charity.

Advertisement