Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

datawrite dvd-r

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

Tried to order the memorex from play..........can only ship gadgets to UK address......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by byte
    There doesn't seem to be too many discs that don't work with a Pioneer 106!

Bit harder to get ones that are proven to work with NEC 2500a I have found. Datasafe Media (the more expensive one) and Princo seem to be the best for this one.

Bigpockets are doing 25 for £7.99 which they say 'Work in Pioneer, Sony and NEC Drives.'

http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/product.php?product=DVR5100-25&main=&session=324af836778b6f793fdbda349f24dde0

Problem with them is they charge £15.50 delivery to Ireland so you've got to order a lot to make it worth your while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 mkelleher77

Originally posted by John R
    Anybody got any experience with these bulkpaq printable discs? If they are any good then they are a brilliant bargain, just over 17euro for 25 with free delivery from pricestorm. svp have them for a similar price plus delivery.
    Originally posted by SteM
    That looks like a great price - blanks are getting cheaper and cheaper! I'm going to pick up a pack of 25 to try them out with a pioneer 106.

Yes I have experienced this brand, the bulkpaq Inkjet Printable look to be the same as their previous Purple disc, I didn't get 1 good disc out of them, they all came up burnt ok, but none of them played right, allways at the end of the disc it would have glitches....going back to the Memorex -r which I have about 20 left or so, and going to try 4x yellow from either www.peates.ie or www.mediawrite.ie, Well they are both Irish....going to support my own.

Originally posted by mkelleher77
    Yes I have experienced this brand, the bulkpaq Inkjet Printable look to be the same as their previous Purple disc, I didn't get 1 good disc out of them, they all came up burnt ok, but none of them played right, allways at the end of the disc it would have glitches....going back to the Memorex -r which I have about 20 left or so, and going to try 4x yellow from either www.peates.ie or www.mediawrite.ie, Well they are both Irish....going to support my own.

mkelleher77, what make of drive were you using with the bulkpaqs? Getting worried now, but I'll give them a try anyway as I've got 25 ordered. If I get a few duds I won't have any problem contacting pricestorm about it, they're a good company to deal with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 mkelleher77

The Burner which I am using is the Sony DRU500A, at the time it cost me over €400, but boy has it made it's money back,

They may be a good company to deal with but you will have to post the good's back to them and you will have to pay the fee, that is the drawback with english companies, it is more expensive to send returns to them!,

I had to send back 2 dvd-rw drives and a 200GB HDD to Ebuyer.com and it cost €34.40 to send registered post, it was €14.30 to send normally, but if it is lost in the post(and things do go missing between Ireland and England, I had a PC case go missing around christmas 2 years ago!) it's your problem,

I had to choose the registered delivery or pay the price of loosing 2 drives and a hdd, Bitter Pill to swallow, alot of companies will tell you they are not responsible for the media since it open, they tell you it's a compatibility issue as opposed to being hardware related, Which it is not hardware related. What do you do then?.

Later.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by mkelleher77
    The Burner which I am using is the Sony DRU500A, at the time it cost me over €400, but boy has it made it's money back,

They may be a good company to deal with but you will have to post the good's back to them and you will have to pay the fee, that is the drawback with english companies, it is more expensive to send returns to them!,

I had to send back 2 dvd-rw drives and a 200GB HDD to Ebuyer.com and it cost €34.40 to send registered post, it was €14.30 to send normally, but if it is lost in the post(and things do go missing between Ireland and England, I had a PC case go missing around christmas 2 years ago!) it's your problem,

I had to choose the registered delivery or pay the price of loosing 2 drives and a hdd, Bitter Pill to swallow, alot of companies will tell you they are not responsible for the media since it open, they tell you it's a compatibility issue as opposed to being hardware related, Which it is not hardware related. What do you do then?.

Later.

Comparing the prices of stuff like DVDs and blanks in Ireland V Europe, I'll choose the cheaper every time. Like I say Pricestorm won't have any problems taking these back and I won't bother registering them because they're worth so little. If it was something more expensive then I'd have second thoughts.

Anybody got any experience with these bulkpaq printable discs? If they are any good then they are a brilliant bargain, just over 17euro for 25 with free delivery from pricestorm. svp have them for a similar price plus delivery.

Just a note on these. Got them on Friday and have burned and watched 4 discs through so far without a problem. Looks like a good batch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Originally posted by SteM
    Just a note on these. Got them on Friday and have burned and watched 4 discs through so far without a problem. Looks like a good batch.

Yeah, I've used the Bulkpaq printables quite a few times & no probs at all so far. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Working fine with NEC ND-2500A. Will try printing on them next week.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Originally posted by butts
    Working fine with NEC ND-2500A. Will try printing on them next week.

That's good to know as I've the same writer. I might chance them next time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jollyrog

A company in Tallaght sells a dvd-r disc that works at 4x in sony and nec drives.
    The disc is called goallover premium and it costs €50 for 50 discs.
    They sell a full range of dvd-/+r and the prices are very good, I buy a lot of my stuff
    off them. The Tel number is 01 462 7511.

jolly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

The disc is called goallover premium and it costs €50 for 50 discs.

Is that inc VAT?

viking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jollyrog

Yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I got 10 dvd-r's and 10 cd-r's at lunch time for £6.50 (around ten euro) from discount-computers-ni.co.uk, by bulkpaq(.co.uk)

Bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

On pricestrom.co.uk most of the disks say they only compatible with ;
    Pioneer PC Writer
    DVR-A05
    DVR-105
    DVR-A06
    DVR-106

I would assume they also work with Pioneer 107?

adam

Advertisement