Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Potential champions of Serie A??

• 10-02-2004 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Over the last few years in Italy the league has become rather boring with the old lady of Juventus dominating but this season AC Milan and Roma are serious challengers to Juventus(who are slipping away due to their 4-0 defeat at Roma).

Currently, Milan lead the way 5 points clear of Roma and i think they deserve to win it. With quality players such as Kaka, Shevchenko and Nesta i think they could go all the way in Italy and Europe........

.......Does any1 else agree or disagree!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

Watched Roma tear Juve apart on Sunday!! What a performance. 4 goals against Juventus is a great achievement for any team. Totti lived up to his reputation for a change and Cassano played very well too. If Roma can play like that until the end of the season it could be a close run thing. All it takes is one slip up from Milan to make things really interesting.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Forza Milan!

Perhaps they've finally a team worthy of comparison with great team of the early nineties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Ale La roma

our performance against the current champions was the best ive seen in years. Francesco totti is proving his post WC doubters wrong and living up to his world class reputation. provided we can sort out the financial situation we have the potential to become a great european team. Young cassano is really starting to come of age and deserves his place in the italian squad. Cristian Chivu and walter samuel have the potential to be the worlds best in years to come if they stay together. If the likes of Panucci, Emerson and Montella decide to stay at the club. we are in for a very prosperous future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Scammo

I would have thought Roma would be a dominant force in football but the financial situation and Totti's Madrid move rumours could yet prove disastrous and ruin their season.......

..The early 90's Milan side were brilliant but i can see this team emulating that bcos they are so young and everything is ahead of them!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

I read an interesting article recently which revealed Milan's secret weapon - it's a computer software suite on trial at their trainming ground. It's developed by Computer Associates and monitors the fitness levels of the squad down to an amazing level of detail and helps keep them in optimum condition. I'll try and dig out the link to the article.

• Advertisement

Here it is : Kings of Europe better by design (The Times, 2 February 2004)

A lengthy but interesting read.

If it works then i would imagine other clubs would try to follow suit

It's operating on a trial basis at the moment - Computer Associates are attempting to get it set up at some high profile clubs before rolling it out officially. I've heard that the facility had been first offered to Real Madrid but they wanted to be paid for running the trial. There has been alot of interest from Premiership clubs in the system and I know that there is a meeting at Anfield at the end of the month regarding implementing it at Liverpool's training ground for next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭DUX

AS Roma are just a bunch of loosers today as they have always been in the past, they deserve nothing.... beating Juve 4-0 is a result they will remember for the next 20 years rather than thinking at the next match as a great team would do.... FYI Roma won 3 times the "Serie A" in over a century.... they are useless!

As far as AC Milan is concerned, they have been going on too well this season, and this is not gonna be like this forever. March could blow up all their hopes with the CL coming up and a though calendar in the Serie A. They will play Lecce next week and then sequentially:
    AC Milan-Inter Milan
    Lazio-AC Milan
    Milan-Sampdoria
    Juventus-AC Milan
    Milan-Parma

In conclusion Juve will come back from hell (-8) and kick them all, those mother****

Forza Juve ;-)

Hey, one last point: Inter Milan to be relegated :-)

Look Juve just dont have the legs anymore all their defenders are near to drawing their pension while AC and Roma have young teams who will dominate for years to come........

........i agree about Inter Milan though!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Ha ha ha....AC Milan got his ass kicked yesterday by loosing 4-0 against Lazio in the semifinal of the Italian Cup.... so the first trophy is gone, they are out of the game.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Juve fans can get so bitter, must be hard being beaten by their arch rivals in the CL final and then the thought that they'll lose their Serie A title in the following season to them... ah well!

sure Juve are on the verge of being knocked out of coopa italia by........INTER MILAN of all teams!!!!!!

i forgot about the CL final hahaha!!!!!

Yeah, we can get bitter....this is what happens when you are not use to loose....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What goes on in the mind of Lippi? Why oh why does he persist with that permanent liability that is Montero and the frankly sad Ferrara? He has a classy, if injury-prone, centre-half in Tudor yet he insists on playing him in midfield, where he's useless, and where there are any number of talented players queueing up to play. Stupid of them not to buy any defenders in January, Legrottaglie has had long enough to show what he's worth, and hasn't come up with the goods. Van Buyten was going for free (unfathomable why Marseille would want to loan out their best defender?) and should have been snapped up, as should Mexes as soon as possible.

Mexes and Van Buyten are good players and i was surprised when the latter chose Man City where he will only be made a scapegoat for their continuing problems....

..as for Mexes i presume he would go in the summer but where remains to be seen, Juve could do with him now id say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I have a big bet on with Paddypower that Milan will win the league. There defence is tight with Nesta and of course in my opinion one of the greatest defenders ever Maldini.

Shevchenko is one of the best strikers in the world and up there with Henry,Ronaldo and Owen. However the midfield I felt had not been creative enough previously despite having Rui Costa. But Kaka adds a new dimension, I am really looking forward to seein him in Landsdowne Road next wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 howyadoin

Juve eliminated Inter Milan yesterday in the semifinal of the Italian Cup and will play the final against Lazio (who defeated AC Milan 4-0)..... now Juve is the only italian team which can still compete on 3 fronts (Serie A, CL and Italian Cup) ..... :D

sure Juve are on the verge of being knocked out of coopa italia by........INTER MILAN of all teams!!!!!!

ha ha ha you got it wrong you looser :D

Advertisement