Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC .7 problem

Options
  • 10-02-2004 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭

I get this horrible image when I start an instant battle in DC.

ScreenShot1copy.jpg

There seems to be no way of getting rid of it, anyone have anything similar happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I am assuming that this problem only happens with DesertCombat and not Battlefield1942.

The reason this is happening al goes back to the changes made by the v1.6 patch. The patch totally change the ingame menus. By the looks of things, the problem is that the DesertCombat team did not fix the "single player" menu's , though I have yet to check this for myself. Your best bet is to actually not paly Single Player, but Multiplayer CoOp I find.

Insted of starting a Single Plyer level on one map, go to Multiplayer, then Create Game. Make sure you select Co-Op from the game styles as that will add bots to the levels. Add what levels you want, the amount of players [bots] you want then start a local LAN game. By doing this you create a local DC game with just you and the bots. By doing it this way it gives you more flexability, allowing you to decide the number of players [mine is 64man :) ] and also tickets, timelimit, map rotation and also lets you change teams.

Besides that, if you really want to play Instant Battle, then contact the DC team or if you want I will and inform them of the bug. Thing is though, the DC team arnt too worried on making DC a single player game, they are workign on it being a multiplayer [or multiplayer co op] only.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Before you do any of that,
    Did you get the Dc 1.6 fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

BOLLOX!

I just got 1.5, like two days ago!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

A ha, so the problem seems to be the fact that you have a DC 0.7 install over a Battlefield v1.5 install.

Problem solved, update your Battlefield :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Done and done done, works fine now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement