Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GF gone to France, looking for some action....

Options
  • 10-02-2004 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭

.....poker action that is. Any game happening on the 14th?

MrP

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

My place is available if we wanted to...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I was talking to henbane about the possibility of a game on saturday night, then realised it was valentines and there mightn't be anyone free.
    If you want to host it Dev then I can bring chips and a decent pack of cards.
    Mr P, Dev, myself, henbane (will check with him), anyone else interested?

edit: count myself and henbane in if you're happy to open your house to poker nuts again Dev,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Excellent. Put me down. I may also be able to rustle up 2 more.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Count me in for poker

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Me and amp are up for it!

DeV

• Advertisement

Do you want to name a time?

How about 7:30 pm?
    We should sort the rules out too.

10 Euro buy in,
    2 Rebuys up till 10pm
    Topup at 10pm

1/2 the pool to first
    1/3 to second
    1/6 to third

these seem ok to everyone or any other suggestions???

DeV.

Sounds grand to me, how about 2 rebuys plus topup or 3 rebuys, so those all in merchants can go crazy if they like.
    Edit: Would people consider just dividing the stacks at teh end of the night? So whatever the prize pool is justs gets divided proportionally between everyone?
    Might need unlimited buyins for that.
    It could be costly if you get a bad run of cards but at least it would stop people knocked out from just having to sit there and watch.

Sound good to me dev. Will it be ok if I bring 2 people? I am currently trying to get a solid commitment from them. What is the player limit and how many do we have?

PS Is anyone playing in the Merrion tonight?

MrP

if you vouch for them thats cool and if they barf anywhere or fall over or anything they are your problem. :)

With them we have 7 and I guess our limit is about 8-9 tops...

DeV.

• Advertisement

Whats on in the Merrion tonight? I havent been there yet... can you become a member on the door?

DeV.

Originally posted by DeVore
    Whats on in the Merrion tonight? I havent been there yet... can you become a member on the door?
    DeV.
    Register on the door, photo ID needed but they let you away the first week.
    according to mr pudding its 20euro to play, 20 euro buyins, you're allowed 3, or 2 plus topup,
    its a bit pricy for me tonight before payday on friday though. Good luck if you go!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Originally posted by lafortezza
    Register on the door, photo ID needed but they let you away the first week.
    according to mr pudding its 20euro to play, 20 euro buyins, you're allowed 3, or 2 plus topup,
    its a bit pricy for me tonight before payday on friday though. Good luck if you go!

AFAIK the Fitz has the same tournie tonight also

Hyzepher

Yeah the Fitz has the same tournie but everyone goes to the Merrion though.

MrP

Originally posted by MrPudding
    Yeah the Fitz has the same tournie but everyone goes to the Merrion though.

MrP

Would it not be an advantage then to go to Fitz? Less competition - albeit less money.

Hyzepher

I suppose there is a point there. I think I would prefer bigger numbers though.

MrP

ideally you'd want to be where the suckers are :):)

Havent been to the Merrion, the Fitz is nice though so I cant imagine why people would go to the Merrion if the tournies are the same, just for that tournie...

I'll be in the Fitz tomorrow if anyone is around... meet in a pub beforehand anyone?

DeV.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I'm going in to the Fitzwilliam tomorrow night, what pub are you going to beforehand?

I think myself and henbane will be headed for Fireworks for some food and a game of pool at around half six or so. If not then I suppose we could meet in the Henry Grattan round the corner from the Fitz at about 8.30 or so?

6:30 for food and pool sounds great... Fireworks then?

DeV.

• Advertisement

Yeah, see you then.

The title of this thread has brought out the song writer in me (sing to the tune of Tone Loc - Funky Cold Medina)

Girlfriend gone to France
    And I'm lookin' for some action
    But like DeVore said
    I cant get no satisfaction.
    The boys are all around
    and none of them miss a trick
    My hole cards are def and I'm lookin' fresh
    hey I got the Big Slick.

The guys are all a callin'
    with hands well below par
    comin' in with 27os
    when they know that I'm the star.
    So I raise them big
    and start to look much meaner
    They just stare back
    and get my Poker Face Medina!

So I stared at this girl
    She said 'Hi, my name is Tina'
    I thought she's a noob
    and gave her Poker Face Medina!
    So I took her to the river
    Started to really push
    But when the cards went down, it was a big old mess
    Tina had a flush

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

dear god, dear dear god

:eek:

lads i love poker too, but please, please no more songs and listen, go out boozing on saturday night and then if you still want to play poker go play in the small hours if you fail to hook up

and mr p. just cos she aint here doesnt mean you cant go out, what she doesnt know!!!

_______
    edit
    _______

sorry go play poker, the lyrics just gave me a bit of a fright, starting to get worried bout you guys

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    [...the most disturbing stuff I've ever seen on the internet...]
    Hyzepher
    :eek: You've got a talent certainly, but I don't think its musical...

Thats. Just. Wrong.

Dev.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by krattapopov
    and mr p. just cos she aint here doesnt mean you cant go out, what she doesnt know!!!

You should be ashamed of yourself, encouraging aldultery.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

If poker is still going ahead what time is it kicking off?

7:30 my place
    (Apt 4, 17 waterloo road)
    Bring beer, we're out. :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭casper-

I think I can find Fireworks from the tara st. dart -- but how do we get to your place? :)

• Advertisement

Over Baggot street bridge, heading towards Jurys, there is a right hand turn (opposite the Waterloo pub) and thats waterloo road. We're the house with a yellow door and number 17.

DeV.

Advertisement