Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid targets this summer

• 10-02-2004 5:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Real Madrid have started the transfer rumor mill a spinnin' again !!

Thierry and Ruud are their targets this summer !

If Arsenal fail to win the PL or CL this year I can see Henry moving, the rumors and denials are getting louder all the time.

Opinions ???

Tinky

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

You cant say its not going to happen in football anymore. So thats why im gonna say nothing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

here we go again henry moving to madrid... blah blah blah blah
    *troll*

but it must be true if a newspaper with such a reputation as the Hindu Times [edit]
    cause of some sensitive people ill edit this but just saying that their not exactly a big footballing nation that know the ins and outs of english soccer now do they [/edit]
    you know my opinion on this already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Dunno any more. Ruud just signed a new contract and will not be sold. Henry wont be sold either so id say this is all bolox as usual.

here we go again henry moving to madrid... blah blah blah blah
    *troll*
    [/quoe]

troll? wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭donhughberto

50 million plus, either arsenal or Utd could take the fans heat if either was sold but if they got so much then they just might sell, look at Backham, football is so funny these days and nobody is that loyal anymore!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Jank - I take offence at your comment that is blatantly racist. I have some close friends who are Indians. It was totally uncalled for.

Mods - can you edit that post.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭donhughberto

Jank you better apologise to him, jesus some people will bitch about anything!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

lol, the hindustan times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Its obvious that Real have set their sights on Henry as their next big name target. Real always release stories like this to unsettle their targets. It will be interesting to see if Arsenal and Henry will be able to resist the offer that will come in the summer but as we have seen in the past if Real want someone they dont let a smaal thing like money get in the way.

I would also bear in mind the rumour mill still has kluivert moving to highbury in the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

This story is taken totally out of context. Querioz was asked whether the rumour was true or not that he wanted to sign Totti and he said hes not a priority and besides I'd prefer Henry or Van Nistelrooy. Doesn't mean he'll get them or will go for them!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

If Abramovich can't afford Henry, Real can't. zzz.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

The story made SkySports this morning so don't go slagging off the Hindu Times. :)

Raul is still very much in Perez's black book at Madrid and if Perez secures his position at the club by being re-elected Raul could well be off to new pastures. Don't let news of new contracts/contract extensions mislead you... Ruud Van Nistelrooy's agent was in discussions with Real Madrid as recently as the day that Van Nistelrooy signed his new contract. His decision to sign a contract with Man Utd was solely based on more money being offered - that's the message that was relayed to Madrid. Representatives of Thierry Henry have also spoken with officials from Madrid and Barcelona on several occasions.

Having said that Queiroz isn't the one who decides what players the club will sign - Perez and the board make those decisions. Queiroz has been asked who he would like to sign but that's as far as it goes. Previously, Del Bosque was was aked who he would like to sign. His response was Nesta or else Ayala/Puyol. He didn't get any players on his wish list but was informed that the club had signed Ronaldo. Queiroz's contract at Real Madrid expires at the end of next season. Prior to his appointment Wenger was approached to take the job, but he refused to break his contract with Arsenal which ends in 2005. Real want Vieira and Henry and believe that if they secure Wenger the players will follow. Queiroz was appointed as a stop gap who would bring some discipline to the squad.

Kluivert has signed a pre-contract with Arsenal which states that he won't sign for another Premiership club this summer - he'll be signing a full contract in June. Chelsea offered him more money but wouldn't guarantee him first team football. Larsson is going to sign for Barcelona as his replacement. They're looking for a top player to partner him and Henry is on their wish list but that doesn't necessarily mean they'll go for him. They're also keeping tabs on the Raul situation. Perez told him last summer that if he brought Perez half of his buy out clause then he could leave the club - the offer still stands and Raul would do it just to feck over Perez's re-election campaign.

Interesting stuff. I woud be surprised if united let Ruud go now that he has signed his new contract. The Wenger/viera/henry story makes more sense IMO when you consider arsenals apparent new found wealth and the purchase of reyes, and proposed purchase of kluivert in the summer.

Originally posted by The Muppet
    The Wenger/viera/henry story makes more sense IMO when you consider arsenals apparent new found wealth and the purchase of reyes,

The Wenger/viera/henry story makes more sense when you are the type of person that buys tabloids every day.

Originally posted by Dustaz
    The Wenger/viera/henry story makes more sense when you are the type of person that buys tabloids every day.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Goes with out saying really, it's where they are continually generated. Though I think even amongst tabloid readers it's mostly those who would like to see Arsenal fail who buy into them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Good post banner! I think this sort of practice of unsettling players is well wrong, experience tells us that these rumors tend to lead to high profile moves.

Beckhams departure last year was preceded by vast amounts of media hype and speculation and although Becks' dad insisted that he was going nowhere when the news broke there was shock !

This story will grow and grow until by the time the season ends we could have the media reporting BOTH Henry and Van N as being sold !

But the truth is that Real Madrid has a major attraction for class players of any league so no matter what the player says you can only believe them when they are wearing their shirt at the beginning of the next season.

Tinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Real Madrid are linked with every player that hits a streak of incredible form at some stage or another.

Henry has stated many times that he has no desire to leave Arsenal and I think the Pires-Viera-Henry axis is something that ties the three players strongly to the club. I really can't see him going, alot was said about Reyes replacing im but I would imagine Reyes is more of a Bergkamp/Kanu replacement than Henry, seeing as Reyes is not an out and out goal scorer.

I would seriously doubt Van Nist would leave Utd right now either UNLESS the current strife at the club escalates and has ill effects on the club.

As much as I admire Henry and Van Nist, a word of warning, Premiership defences are the worst of the top European leagues. I do not think either of the lads would be as dominant in Spain or Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭paddyduff

media says ruud or henry... quote from querioz is just talk to satisfy the tabloids... jesus christ, anyone ever known how a sex change was performed??? discovery is not a channel to be watching after midnight!!! **** sake!!! sick shhit!! jesus i mean.. it's hardly f'ucking worth it!! this is some of the sickest **** i've ever seen! turning a mickey into a vagina! i mean c'mon,,, f'uck sake

Originally posted by paddyduff
    media says ruud or henry... quote from querioz is just talk to satisfy the tabloids... jesus christ, anyone ever known how a sex change was performed??? discovery is not a channel to be watching after midnight!!! **** sake!!! sick shhit!! jesus i mean.. it's hardly f'ucking worth it!! this is some of the sickest **** i've ever seen! turning a mickey into a vagina! i mean c'mon,,, f'uck sake

Shutup. No one cares.

me thinks paddyduff had a drink or two too many

• Advertisement

ronaldo7... your name makes me as sick as that program made me. shut up you fairy
    bloused ****! i was making a side observation ontop of the more prevelant issue. all i'm trying to say is... i'd love to knock you out!

BANNED pm me in a week if you want to be re-admitted.

jank... you know what!? you're 100% correct. as much as that shAMES ME.

so whats the occasion?!?

better get up early in the morning to edit your posts, if you dont want a ban from soccer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭AmenToThat

I think Arsenal fans in particular and English Premiership fans in general are missing the point here!
    This is Real Madrid we are talking about here!

They are the biggest and most glamorous club in the world and at some stage Wenger and Henry will want to manage/play for the club perceived to be at the pinnacle of the football world, whether we like it or not that club is Real Madrid!
    Arsenal are a big club who have a great team and manager at the moment but they are not a massive club.
    I wouldnt even think of them as being as being in the same league in terms of size as Man U, Celtic, Juve, Bayern Munich, Barcelona or AC Milan let alone Real Mardid.

Im not sure whether it will be this summer to be honest but at some stage Id say that it wont even be a case of Madrid comming for Henry it will be Henry asking to go there.

"I am happy here," he said. "Full stop."

"People can’t seem to put it into their brains. I have said it so many times now I am getting bored. What else can I say? What else can I show? I am happy at Arsenal and you can see it on the pitch.

"You cannot stop people talking. They will say what they want to say. But I am here, doing what I do and I think you can see it doesn’t bother me."

"It is what I have dreamed about," Henry went on, "to play for people who love you. You are doing well, they are doing well and the fans are singing my name. That is all I ever wanted.

"As soon as the ref blows the whistle I am the happiest man in the world. There, on the pitch, playing for a good team.

"I can only say it so many times – I am happy here."

[11 February 2004]

Interview last night.

Actually kaids, that interview was overdubbed by David Dein. In fact he said "PEOPLE OF MADRID, I LOVE YUO" along with viera, wenger and Ian Wright who are all signing for real next week. I read it in the Washington Sewing Journal. The daily sport are confirming it tommorow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

In a not totally unrelated matter... Chelsea are sniffing around Luis Figo. A certain Mr. Kenyon has been in contact with the player and club. Real's asking price is around €25M.

Originally posted by Bannor
    In a not totally unrelated matter... Chelsea are sniffing around Luis Figo. A certain Mr. Kenyon has been in contact with the player and club. Real's asking price is around €25M.
    A fool and his money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Considering Mag & Mac's stake raise in Utd and the probable turmoil/ousting of Fergie that is to come in the next few months, I reckon it is likely that we may see more Utd players leave over the next year.

Now is a rather insecure time to be a Utd player....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

I can only say it so many times – I am happy here.

Is that like having the full support of the board? It may seem like fiction to the Arsenal faithful but then to United fans so did Beckhams departure ! Money talks quality walks IMO.

Tinky

Originally posted by paddyduff
    ronaldo7... your name makes me as sick as that program made me. shut up you fairy
    bloused ****! i was making a side observation ontop of the more prevelant issue. all i'm trying to say is... i'd love to knock you out!

BANNED pm me in a week if you want to be re-admitted.

LMAO you fool! :p

. . . . wait for it . . . .

Tinky

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

where would Henry go in Real?
    Beckham's in midfield, (true, an example of position change, but Henry's already had one successful one, two might ruin him)
    R. Carlos runs the left hand side, so does Figo every now and then.
    where can he go? Raul and (used to Morientes) are up front as the Fox in the Box.

there is no space for him
    he will stay at Arsenal.
    (i pray) Wenger, Viera and Pires too

Another difference is that Wenger isn't kicking football boots at Henry's face. I don't recall Beckham being happy at Man Utd the season before he left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Tinky, your signature would be flame-bait if there was actually any chance of it coming true :D

Honestly, anybody who after his numerous interviews still believes that henry may leave Arsenal this summer , just wants him to leave as it would make it sooo much easier for their teams to get some trophies :p

Tinky, your signature would be flame-bait if there was actually any chance of it coming through

Glad you like it !
    Honestly, anybody who after his numerous interviews still believes that henry may leave Arsenal this summer , just wants him to leave as it would make it sooo much easier for their teams to get some trophies

We haven't needed that sort of help in the past !!

Tinky

With the goings on lately it'd be more likely that Madrid would get RVN.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

But RVN would ruin their glamorous image!!

they could run him in the grand national after he retires though

• Advertisement

pretty funny kaids. :rolleyes:

Henry would replace Zidane if he went to Real. He woudl be playing in his exact position on the left running in...

No way would he be ahead of Raul or Ronaldo..not gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

see ronaldo7? no place for him.
    having said that, Raul seems on the rocks. but still, henry isn't a poacher like horseface. Real need the Inzaghi-type players for forwards.
    i doubt they'd try Henry on the right-wing. that'd be stupid
    <pisstaking>i know, make him goalkeeper, who cares if u concede he'll run the pitch and score score score! well worth 50million, no need for gloves or long-sleeves!</pisstaking>
    look what happened to Anelka and McManamon. they both go to Real, win the UCL and don't have a place on either of their respective national sides. high price to pay.
    <sidenote> arsenal were 6points ahead this time last season, but a game ahead.</sidenote>

Advertisement