Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Word Problem (page border)

Options
  • 10-02-2004 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

This ive known about for quite a while but it gets really frustrating when i cant fix it....

when i go to put a page border around a document, it will only border 3 sides, left right and top. It leaves out the bottom border. ive fiddled around with as many settings as i can- margins, paper size, gutter etc etc.. but they dont make a difference.

ive looked around on the net for info and found some people with the same problem, but with no answers. (its word 200 by the way). anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

try word 2000, i hear its a big improvement on word 200 :)

just off the top of my head if u go into file -> pagesetup -> papersize you can increase the height of the page, i assume the bottom border is there but just off the page so if you increase the height of the page it will appear, don't know if it will print though but worth a bash maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Originally posted by bananayoghurt
    try word 2000, i hear its a big improvement on word 200 :)

just off the top of my head if u go into file -> pagesetup -> papersize you can increase the height of the page, i assume the bottom border is there but just off the page so if you increase the height of the page it will appear, don't know if it will print though but worth a bash maybe

cheers but no luck :(
    i increased the size to ridiculous levels an still didnt work. definately the size or something like that cuz when i increase the thickness of the border it half appears at the bottom.

am i the only one with this prob?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

An old problem with some HP drivers
    set you margins to inch and a half all the way around - does the problem go away ?
    www.pdf995.com - a printer driver that generates PDF's (ad ware) so you can try that to rule out your printer driver- 'cos with word preview both the video driver and default printer driver affect the output - WYSIWYG mar dhea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Originally posted by Capt'n Midnight
    set you margins to inch and a half all the way around - does the problem go away ?

No, but cheers for the link, eventually got it working after messing about a bit! :D

Advertisement