Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New 4Mbit Cable Modem Service Launched in Ireland

2»

Comments

Originally posted by Linoge
    If I had that connection I would download The Internet.

Its a joke the way the Swedes are so far ahead of us on broadband. Why? Why does the "Silicon Valley of Europe" not have a 100mb connection in every home???

odds are a line like that would cost at least 5 million euro and you know there'd be a cap :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

cap would prob be about 12gigs so you could roughly use it for 15mins ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Originally posted by Placebo
    balls, so then what does ?>

Quicker response times from local servers. Cable generally has lower pings because the packets don't have so many exchanges to run through, not being tied up with the local phone system.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Bu11et_Proof, ah crap! feel sorry for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I e-mailed cablesurf about 3 years ago regarding their cable service and any future plans that he may have for moving into Waterford. He said no then and I don't see him ever changing his mind.

It's just as well Dungarven has a 4mb service, because there is nay a bit of anything else out there. One shop, a ditch, a sheep and 4 houses, and I believe they were the first broadband enabled town in Ireland.

It makes me sick that I've already had the privilege of having a 2meg connection and then having to return to a capped 512 service, and to make things worse "Base to the place, Dungarven", has possibly the most cost effective broadband service in Europe, let alone Ireland, and it's only a few miles away.

****ing Clownshoes..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Linoge
    If I had that connection I would download The Internet.
    Where would you store it?
    In terms of the internet, 100Mbit is still piddly.

Its a joke the way the Swedes are so far ahead of us on broadband. Why? Why does the "Silicon Valley of Europe" not have a 100mb connection in every home???
    Because back int he 70s and 80s their incumbant Telco plastered the place with fibre and setup loads of peers to other countries and government basically didn't let it sit on it's arse paying Civil Servants to be abusive to customers.

Advertisement