Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convince me to use Winamp.

Options
  • 10-02-2004 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭

Originally I used WMP 9 for everything then after advice from people on boards.ie I switched to Windows Media Player Classic for videoand I'm glad I did. I still use WMP 9 for music what are the main advantages for Winamp and is it easy to set up playlists and use in general?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Media Library, there you go

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

easy to set up playlist
    uses less ram than WMP9
    has global hotkeys (handy if playing online game and your dead for a round eg CS)
    plenty of skins/plug ins

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

switch to winamp or the puppy gets it!

puppy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

if you need convincing you don't deserve to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Well I haven't even tried it yet. I just wanted to know is it really that much of an improvement? I'll try it but from reading some posts some people prefer earlier versions of it. So should I just go for the latest version, or is an earlier version better?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you must be thinking of people that prefer winamp 2.xx to 3.xx.

anybody that prefers 2.xx to 5.01 (the latest) is fooling nobody but themselves.
    5.01's media library is so much better:)

/edit
    oops, 5.02 seems to be the newest:rolleyes:
    http://winamp.com/player/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

Still on Winamp 2.91 here, which was the last of the 2.xx series, as far as I know. I had version on 5, but the media library kept crashing it when I tried to import any more than a few songs at a time, so I reverted. Might give the updated version again, but right now, Winamp 2.91 does me fine. Never even found out it had Global shortcut keys til a couple of months ago - well handy.

Advertisement