Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SG1 Heroes Pt 2

Options
  • 10-02-2004 10:02pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

Thoughts?

spoilers ahead, read at your own peril!
    Unfortunately I knew beforehand that Fraiser was going to die, for a brief period after O'Neill was shot i thought the rumours i heard might have been a smokescreen, but as soon as they started hiding the identity of the victim i knew it was her.

Very good episode, very low key ending, i guess thats what they were aiming for though. My one gripe with the episode was that they had virtually no Fraiser in it whatsoever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Aye, great two-parter. I can honestly say i never saw that coming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

I thought it was an excellent way to do it.
    Frasier died exactly how she had been in the series, no big frasier episode to over do it, it was perfect.

I too had no clue of it and was gobsmacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Should probley merge this topic with the other 1 considering that there are more posts discusing the episode in the other topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

I havent read the other thread for fear of it containing spoilers to future eps :)

I purposely stear as far clear as possible from even the slightest hint of a spoiler, it ruins half the fun of watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Thought it was a great episode. Nice and lowkey way for her to go out but still memorable.

Only thing I had trouble with was that bit of documentary at the end, it seemed a bit

God damn ya, were americans we rock......freedom and stuff, yunno the usual propaganda.

Conjured up memories of that awful flag jump thing from spiderman

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

To give credit where it's due, the reporter asked if the ending was too sentimental and Hammond thought it was pitched just right.

I thought the whole point of the movie was to make a
    "ye where great look at us, check out our flag wahooo propaganda"

There aim was to make a movie showing how brillent the amercians where and how they give there lives for the freedom of earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

well seeming its made in canada filmed their and RDA is canidian (i think) i douth it was a "we are great" crap.......And er no offence but they are for the most part great even if this current goverment is **** and a dangour

well seeming its made in canada filmed their and RDA is canidian (i think) i douth it was a "we are great" crap

Come on flag waving in the background......."Brave soldiers from the four corners of our great country preserving freedom" I mean come on, give it a break.

.......And er no offence but they are for the most part great even if this current goverment is **** and a dangour

Well of course theyre far superior to the rest of the world.........Theyre American its their God given right :p. Theyre grand for the most part but lately theres definately been a we are superior attitude, bring back Clinton I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

should change whne that twat leaves the white house......

ANYWAY one of the best stargate ep's ever in my view

• Advertisement

ANYWAY one of the best stargate ep's ever in my view

Now theres something I can agree with :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by User45701
    There aim was to make a movie showing how brillent the amercians where and how they give there lives for the freedom of earth.
    What about the poor Russians - they have their own SG team, if I remember correctly as part of the deal that lets the US use the Russian gate. Should be a sickle and hammer in the video too!

Also may I add: best episode of the season. Easily. 100% spot on - tone was perfect. Well done to the SG-1 team for making a cracking second half of a season.

Ye the russians will be seing the movie and will probbley have a problem with it.
    We dont see much of the russians with any luck they will be more active in the last episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭dictatorcat

lets leave politics out of it guys, it was one of the best episodes, and definately the best yet this series, was almost in tears during the memorial bit..........the only thing is that Robert Picardo was evil and nasty and horrible, that's a big change in roles from the loveable Dr. on Voyager:(

Yes but Sci-Fi shows seem to swap around charactors to play villans

1.Telc was baddy in andromda (2 times i think)
    2.Q was baddy in SG1
    3.Doctor was baddy in SG1
    4.Some woman from andromda played Sharai/amonet in SG1
    5.Tpol from enterpise was Jafa in SG1
    6.Lydecker from Dark engel was cop in that show with the alien kid

I cant think of any more off hand but it i like the way they do it.
    I think that Q played a brillent Bad guy when he was in SG1 - i think they should have let him escape with a gould still in him and he could have become a very good bad guy

They always meet a bad end though - i wonder what will happen to the doctor mabe the stargate will fall on him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Excellent episode.
    I sorta knew it was coming when they started the video rolling, that daniel took of where Janet dies, but it was too late. I was totally gobsmacked.

Great finish to it, the memorial was excellent. I didnt like the flag waving in the background but given that its a documentary for the stargate program, trying to put it in the best light for when its finally revealed to the public, I can totally see where its coming from.

All round brilliant episode and that reporter guy is a great actor.

Also I loved Sam's reaction when he approaches her about whats going on, just before he gives his speech about freedom of the press that wins everyones heart.

Still, I think I prefer the lifeboat episode, some brilliant acting from Michael Shanks right there along with a great storyline and twist at the end.

But maybe thats just me.

lifeboat wasent great i thought the 1st and 2nd episode in this seris where quite good. Ive always wonderd when anubis escaped the destrucgtion of his flagship did he take his naquadria with him or was it all lost on the ship?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement