Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Midweek Matches [contains scores]

• 10-02-2004 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭

2-0 to Arsenal, as they take a 5 point lead. Two controversial goals for Henry but my god Le Saux is an idiot!

Wolves stuffed by Leeds - could the great escape start here?

Bolton - leicster result will help neither of them.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by syke
    Wolves stuffed by Leeds - could the great escape start here?
    No.

A win against AwayWolves, by far the worst side in the premiership ahead of Leeds. Maybe if Leeds beat someone of premiership standard there might be reason to consider a comeback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

This post probably won't go down well with Arsenal fans and I'm not trying to start the usual flame war between Utd and Arsenal fans that usually develops after their matches but I've noticed that all of Arsenal's recent matches have been highly controversial wins.

If I was an Arse supporter I'd be worried about this. I mean its great to be picking up 3 points etc but sooner or later these little decisions such as tonight's when Henry got away with an offside, will go against them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

noticed that all of Arsenal's recent matches have been highly controversial wins.
    what was wrong with the wolves win, middesborough x 2, thats just naming a few

ALL of their wins,
    sounds like sour grapes to me
    "Yet an other controversal win" its so boring now its making me laugh

over a season this evens out anyway
    so with 25 games gone, 5 points clear, still unbeaten do you think that is all down to luck or maybe just aresnal are a good team!?

i know utd and chelsea are good teams can you acknowledge the same?

That's one way of looking at it, another way of looking at it is that they've gotten the wins without having played well.

Its not sour grapes at all I can perfectly admit that Arsenal are a good team. Win vs Man City was controversial. Last night was controversial. There was another 1 or 2 but I just can't remember the opposition off the top of my head. I'm not slagging Arsenal off but I can just see these going against them soon and I'm just saying it would worry me if I was an Arsenal supporter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

HMm if I remember correctly Utd had a habit of doing this in seasons past as well. Its called good luck and you need some of that if your going to win the league.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Originally posted by syke
    ............but my god Le Saux is an idiot!............

Why, what did he do??

Especially if this is the mythical 'bad patch' entity that every team must encounter, then controversial goals all the way! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

i know utd and chelsea are good teams can you acknowledge the same?

Ye....in England. Bring on Europe. Show us your potential...:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Ye....in England. Bring on Europe. Show us your potential...

thats is the reason why so many people hate utd

utd won the european cup once in 10 atempts
    not great by anymeans i know it is one more than aresnal or chelsea but aston villa won the european cup once and forest twice yet utd fans consistently go on how they have the best record with out ever acknowledging the achievements of other teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

and say it quitely LFC have 4.

meanwhile keegan james anelka fowler mcmanaman all return to anfield tonight...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

If Villa win and the Pool lose we Villa go ahead of them, the chances are slim but its possible.

Oh my how I would love that, I don't have anything personally against the pool, just have 2 brothers whom I'm had to listen to for the last 16 years. or so

Mind you I normally win the row by saying

"Why did you start supporting Liverpool, oh ya because they were winning everything.
    Why did I start supporting Villa, because they had 4 Irish players in their first team at the time"

Fuc.king glory hunting brothers :rolleyes: :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Because they beat QPR in the first football match that I saw on television and my dad was a big QPR fan. That's why I support the pool, it has nothing to do with them having won before and behind them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Originally posted by irish1

Fuc.king glory hunting brothers :rolleyes: :cool:

I think many many people who support Prem League Clubs do so for the following reasons.

a) Their Father(or other relative) support same club.
    b) The club they support were playing well at the time they formed their opinions.
    c) Irish players at the club(now or in the past).

There is no shame in picking a club to support based on reason b).

It's a perfectly legitimate reason, and understandable if the person has supported the team from when they were relatively young.

ie:

6yr Old: I like football, all me mates like it, and some of them support teams, who will I support...maybe the team I think plays the best football.(the ones winning everything?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by seansouth
    b) The club they support were playing well at the time they formed their opinions.
    There is no shame in picking a club to support based on reason b).

Yea thats find if they don't always go on your team is shít we'r gonna hammer yea, what have ye won in the last 5 seasons etc etc.

I support Villa, sure I'd love to see them winning but that wasn't the reason why I started supporting them, so I'l continue to support them even if they don't win anything.

Going back to the Champions League point I think what Utd fans mean is that Arsenal have struggled in the CL whereas Utd have consistently got to the last 8. Ok they may not have won it too much but they've achieved more than English clubs in the competition in the past decade and lets face it, it is the main competition nowadays. Most clubs would rather win the CL than their own league.

Oh and if you are going to count Forest and Villa as winners ( fair enough they won it well done to them) at least note that Utd have won it twice and not once!

Advertisement