Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This weekend: Nethouse or UL....vote...

Options
  • 17-08-2000 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

It seems half the crowd want to practice in UL and half want to practice in Nethouse.

Nethouse is good because players wont be on their own PC's (like it'll be in the Playing Fields) and its in Dublin.

UL is good because there'll be two rooms, and the teams will be able to teamtalk properly, but its in limerick.

SO can you all (jedi vorosha koopa nicky etc etc etc) all please vote so we know which to go to.....if you absolutely cannot make it to dublin or limerick, thats important.

Reply to this post now

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

limerick 100%

im not going to the cooker again, to see if i can shout louder than Jedi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Question: Can we get 8 (decent) machines down to U.L.

I would have serious problems getting a machine there unless someone could pick me up from my house. This is due to my dad being away meaning I cant get the machine transported into the bus depot.

Gerry is also due to be working and if he cant get off then its another machine gone.

Another thing is if we go to the Net House then Koopa and Slann could come along for some of the time and give us some good oposition to play against (Not to slag anyone we played last weekend but we need to play the best players we can)

I doubt the two lads can come down to U.L.

All that said there are major advantages to U.L. like playing forigen teams (Although I think we should be doing ONLY Lan practice at the moment) and playing on a stable LAN. Plus the Scholars is a much nicer pub then anything in Rathmines.

I'll do whatever I'm told. All I need this weekend is something to shoot at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Cant head down to UL this weekend sorry.

NetHouse for me.

Stuff to do saturday and sunday morning in Dublin.

I also think the team playing against Team.ie. Use Binds so that the team.ie lads can talk away. Alright chris mate smile.gif.

Jedi

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 17-08-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Net House.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Lads, it's up to you guys to get your games in this weekend.
    Myself and Woody are going to UL, but on the pi$$, so whatever ye want to do, it's up to yourselves. I think it's a TEAM vote more than anything.
    i.e.
    Andy doesn't care.
    Jeff wants UL.
    Ser wants UL.

So I think it kinda has to be UL, but seeing as the other lads who would praccy against you (MP, Jedi etc), want Dublin, then if you goto UL, you have to find games off the net.

Nicky, Andy, I can bring you down, but I'm trying to have this weekend off, so I'm not trekking across the country for it. Nicky can meet me handy, but Andy, what you could do is what Jedi used to do, get a cab over to the Ambassador and I can pick you up there.

Z.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Well, I would prefer UL.

As for PC's....
    Me
    Sonic
    Podgeen
    Jethrog
    Andy, Assuming he does what Z says.
    OL.(If your coming up you may as well bring your PC.)

wait a minute.
    If we do have it in Dublin, who the hell is going to turn up?

Is this weekend going to be a farce?

I think Jedi, you are going to HAVE to come to UL, we need you and your PC and it is your obligation being on the panel and next in line etc.

fu<k sakes, monitors won't be a problem.
    I can take a pc form work here if I don't don't have an alternative.

Who will come down though?

Look, what this boils down to from my point of view is where can we get the most practice in.

In UL we could play on the net against great oposition but it would be with a 50 ping which won't do your aim any favours.

I thought at this stage we would be doing all LAN practice to get the aim down and be able to play constant games. Remember one weekend in UL where we got **** all games cus no one would play us.

So the way I'm looking at it the best setup is the NetHouse. Vorosha, Jedi, Koopa and Slann (Mindphuck?) all can't go down to UL but there is a decent chance we can get em in the Nethouse.

If we could get a really good set of lads to play against who could give us really hard games which forced us to work harder as a team then it would be the best practice.

So my vote goes to NetHouse.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I suppose I would goto the nethouse for some games.

I can't go to UL for definite, obligation or no. I have driving lessons booked for saturday morning and sunday. All prepaid. Sorry about that.

But thing realistically here lads. The Team needs a good whipping into shape this weekend. If you go to UL you will not get the LAN practice needed. No offence to any of the UL players there all sound its just that the next best 4 in Ireland are all based in and around dublin.

You would get great games. From myself, Slaan, verosha, koopa, bunny, in nethouse. But thats up to the team. As for playing on the net at this stage not really a good idea to be honest.

Again If its in nethouse I'll be there but if not sorry can't really help out.

Jedi

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I cant go to UL. I can make it to Nethouse to help organise games but like others I have some serious commitments to my job this weekend which cannot be abandoned for the whole weekend...

DeV.

• Advertisement

Right I will go to Dublin, if there will be people to play against, ideally I'd like to be playing against OL, Koopa, Bunny, Jedi, Vorosha.

Can they and will they come though?
    Or will it end up like last w/e getting about 5 games on the sunday because nobody turned up until late. In limerick, you don't really have a choice, to avoid practice.

Computers CAN be organised in Limerick, but we still need andys.

Also Nethouse lan is like playing on the internet, we get about 9 to 45 pings to the server, that's why UL is better, 2 rooms or 1, OL and Z, bunny, podgeen...... surely we can get some form of games together in limerick.

Nicky please put yourself out and come to limerick.

It may be OUR team, but there is really no point if we have nobody to play against.

People say we need LAN practice, please decide Z or bunny.

Lads, if you can get 4 really good players to practice against all weekend in UL then grand.

But the way I look at it all the good players will be in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

yes, i am lazy, but thats not my only reasoning, its counter to the fact that there is no real logical reason that we should go to ul, i have read above and am not convinced, better competition in nethouse, the LAN worked fine for me, maybe use a different pc, same always happened in ul, people turned up late and usually hungover the next day, which meant that i, who dont abuse my body in any way, and was up at 7.30 am, had to wait around for you all to wake up and start playing.

alright so, see ye in Dublin on Saturday at about 2pm in Nethouse.

Ah right Jay, I see you obviously dont want my competition... guess im not needed so.

Right.

2pm on Saturday in Nethouse. We are going to do this right, I want 4 players to play the team, that can confirm they will be there, I don't want to see anyone else.
    What we are going to do is play wars intensely from 2pm onwards on Saturday, Sunday is optional, we'll see how it goes.
    Players confirmed are Bunny, Vorosha and Jedi.
    We need two of either Slaan, Koopa or MP. Whichever of you says you can come in, it has to be from 2pm til late, so let me know. First two of you to confirm is in.
    So there will be the team, 5 opposition, and me. The reason for the extra person is so someone can take a break, and also to duel me and keep me company while I sit and watch Quake for 10 hours.
    So, Slaan, Koopa, MP, what two of you can come in on Saturday?
    And not trying to sound like your Dad, but 2pm is fukking 2pm, so be there, we aren't going to sit around playing with ourselves waiting for someone.
    Sonic, thanks anyway, but we won't need the room this weekend.
    Ser and Jay, we will sort out your travel with the last remaining Team.ie pennies.
    Anyone has a problem with anything I said there, call me. You all have my number.

Dev, I'll give you 500 quid to turn up in Nethouse, *cough*

Confirmation confirmed.

I will be there because I am just so damned cool ... or something.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

right i can go there from saturday afternoon till sunday morning 6am, i wont be able to come back on sunday evening though

ill leave it up to eric, if he can go both days etc. he can take the place, either way he can go in sunday if he wants cos i wont be able to make sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

110% dublin, i will not be able to make it to ul

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

Lads make up your mind , i will have to book the rooms today thursday or it cant be held here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

no practice at all would be a pleasant contrast to the horrors of ul, when we are playing in the playing fields i think the other team is going to be able to hear us anyway based upon the size of this thing. consider me a nethouse patriot, surely this might strike a cord in your irish history laden backgrounds. nah dublin or nothing for me. dont care if my exscuses are feeble, its all in the emotions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

eek, sos guys i cannot make it to anyware this weekend at all now.

i have no money at all, and i im in debt with ppl here.

i need ot try and save som money for london, so i can maybe eat.

i know this weekend was important, as its our last, and i _need_ the practice so much, but i cant do it.

Chris, how much you need for the weekend?

I'm sure we can sort you out somehow.

Sam, you should come along for Saturday, having two extra players instead of one will be grand.

Chris, get on a bus and we'll sort you out with money for coming up. Gimme a ring on it if you still can't.

Sam and Slaan, definitely come in tomorrow. See you at 2.

Jeff, ring me.

Chris, just throw your body on a bus, PLEASE.

What ever money you need we can sort out.

Here, Ronan, give Chris whatever you were planning on giving me for travel, I can sort myself out.

Just come down chris I will give 30 quid. I'm ****ing working and have the cash and also want to see this team make a name for them selves. Just this weekend and next weekend then people can relax for a few months or retire if they want.

Jedi

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

np, thanks for letting me know.
    if you need a player let me know before 5pm and ill head up with jay. otherwise ill stay here and get some nD practise

Ah sure come up Jon.

I miss you.

haha yes. Ronan is a big softy after all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

nah stay in ul sonic...
    we can have some nD 3v3's
    me u and jethrog...

Advertisement