Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sold out tickets?

• 11-02-2004 10:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭

someone told me that sometimes if a gig is sold out in the olympia they get a few extra tickets in the box office just before the gig...it happened for radiohead anyway but that might have been because if was a bit of a different situation.

has anyone else managed to scrape a ticket for a sold out gig this way?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Happens a lot now alright to try to stop the touts, happened for Damien Rice last week I think as well. I think its a bit annoying unless you like hanging around the Olympia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

At least it gives you an option of waiting for the 'last few tickets' from the box office and not having to haggle for yer ticket with a tout for three times face value. IMO holding back a few is a good idea™

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Originally posted by Lucutus
    At least it gives you an option of waiting for the 'last few tickets' from the box office and not having to haggle for yer ticket with a tout for three times face value. IMO holding back a few is a good idea™

Well I'm saying I don't like it based on the view that I wouldn't buy from a tout outside a venue anyway, i'd try buy n'sell or not go.

Advertisement