Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 307 Headlamps

Options
  • 11-02-2004 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Anyone have experience with changing a 307 dims light bulb. Spent an hour last night in fruitless contortions trying to release the clip that holds the bulb in place, couldn't see what I was doing as the access to the light bulb holder ( right hand side ) is obscured by a big plastic panel covering the washer water and power steering containers.

Figured I'd try removing left hand side bulb to figure out exactly what I would need to do, at least I could see the left hand side, although access to that is very tight, the throttle pretty much blocks access. Managed to release clip but do you think I could refit same, not a hope. So now I have no dims :(

Am I missing something ( I've read the bleedin manual ) Is there an easy way to release the light encasing, there's one bolt on top, but it also seems to be fixed somewhere in under the bumper.

Any tips pointers etc. much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The clip used to hold in a headlight bulb is usually a sort of spring which clips into a notch on the headlamp unit itself. But sometimes it isn't obvious how exactly you release the clip from the unit - do you push it, pull it etc. Sometimes you need to push the clip to one side to release it. Other times you do it by pinching the two sides of the clip in together

I spent half an hour trying to change a bulb on a nissan almera recently cause i couldn't figure out how the unclip the damn thing and couldn't see what I was doing as it was so cramped. Eventually after cutting my knuckles a few times I managed to do it more through luck than judgement.

BrianD3

Advertisement