Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hoddle back to Saints?

• 11-02-2004 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭

Its a funny old world.

After walking out on the players and the chairman, it seems Hoddle is the favourite to succeed Strachen, possibly even this week!

I think the guy would have some neck to go back!

I can see the fans welcoming him, and the players wouldnt want him! (see James Beattie's comments on todays sky sports article!)

IMO it would be as bad as O'Leary going back to Leeds!

Do you think he will go back, or is it just a quiet week for the papers, and there just printing gossip?

X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I dont rate him as a good manager at all. His man management skills are lacking IMO. I can't see them taking him back but if they do its a bad move IMO.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Bad decision if true by Southampton, the guy can't manage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

not going to happen..

A saints fan I knew described it to me as like Celtic resigning Mo Johnston :D

He left them before and called them a small club, and that he wanted to manage a 'huge' club like spurs :)

Poll on football365 has Michael Jackson a more popular choice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

If he does go back then Kevin Philips will be out the door immediately - there's no love lost between them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

eh yeah because Glenn Hoddle really knows how to outsmart Fergie or Wenger. I think Lowe has underestimated the anti-Hoddle feeling amongst the Southampton fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm speechless and I'm not even a fan (but will support them if playing Man Utd!). Glenda is not the man for the job any job in managment. He's Keegan without a flair for the dramatic. If Lowe knew two years back that The Short Arsed Scot was quitting this summer Hoddle should never have been an issue.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

For some reason I can see the Saints fan's protesting to this more than the United fan's are doing now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

Lowe’s arrogance on this is incredible – just another chairman on a ego trip.

Any Saints fans on here?

What is the % of fans against his return?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Im a Saints fan and im almost positive we're against it almost to a man. How can we not be against it after what he did:

* Left us halfway through a season

* Proved not to know the meaning of the words 'loyalty' or 'goodbye'.

* Left without saying goodbye to any of the players

* Belittled us, called us a small club

* Poached the then god-like Dean Richards from us.

* Tried to sign other Saints favourites.

* Proved to be rubbish at Tottenham

* Lost 4-0 and 3-1 to us, and his last game as Spurs boss(ironically) was against us.

* Proved what a rubbish coach he is.

... Amongst others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement