Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help with Audio grabber!!!!

• 11-02-2004 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

hey, the chilli peppers cd copyin problem i found audio grbber was able to copy the cd but i was wondering does any one know how to rip mp3 from audio grabber as it has them saved in a hugh file size past 50000mb in some cases?

any help

Also how do i get track listings from this program i pressed the cddr button but it doesn't seem to work

any suggestion or help would be great

philip :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Audiograbber won't rip audio tracks off data protected CDs, it just "sees" them as the data files you've ripped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You are encoding to a wav file. Download the LAME encoder (here) and put it in your Audiograbber directory. Go to the MP3 options screen in audiograbber and select the LAME encoder from the list. While on the MP3 options screen, make sure you are ripping to MP3 file and not to WAV file.

Now try re-ripping the CD and it will work.

Frank - Audiograbber can now circumvent data protected CDs (it hiccups a bit at the start, but it does work - I've done it).

To use FreeDB, you have to configure it first. Find it in the menus and fill in some details. Make sure you are connected to the net before you use it.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Any way around this?

Philip:cool:

Originally posted by TmB
    Frank - Audiograbber can now circumvent data protected CDs (it hiccups a bit at the start, but it does work - I've done it).
    Has that just started with the newest version (1.83 or whatever it is), I've never been able to get it working with the earlier versions.

Originally posted by pgodkin
    Any way around this?

Around what? :)

- Dave.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Frank Grimes
    Has that just started with the newest version (1.83 or whatever it is), I've never been able to get it working with the earlier versions.
    Not sure... I did it a fortnight ago, though! So that'd be 1.82b2, I think (the last version before it went freeware)

- Dave.

Originally posted by TmB
    Not sure... I did it a fortnight ago, though! So that'd be 1.82b2, I think (the last version before it went freeware)
    I must give the new version a go, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

hey just to let u all know that worked i down loaded that extra software and was able to rip that cd and put in onto my player, although the names didn't work i tryed for a while to mess with the freecdcb settings for a while but to know avail, it couldn't find any of the servers i highlighted but it doesn't really matter as i quicky just typed out the namse of the songs

cheers lads you were great

The CD might not be available on FreeDB.... this can happen with brand new CDs. Glad you got it working, anyway. :)

- Dave.

Advertisement