Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any AFI fans out there?

Options
  • 11-02-2004 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

dont know about the rest of you but i would love to see AFI play on these shores perhaps at a festival if anything. i saw them at the warped tour in 2001 and i was blown away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭colincarnate

those singles from the last album there were pure money although i'd like my friend to have the album so i could copy it and hear the rest of the album. Good kids they are...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 healy001

personally my favourite album is Black Sails in the Sunset. their hardcore stuff rules but i still cant stop listening to Sing the Sorrow. Davey has a great voice and jade has come up with great riffs too. i would kill to see them especially arfter i watched an mtv performance that i downloaded the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I really like AFI too. Never had the opportunity to see them play live though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Big fan of theirs i thought i was the only one out there. Sing the sorrow was prob the best album of 2003. Art of drowning was a classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Yeah AFI are good.The only song of theirs I've heard was 'Girls Not Grey' and that didnt seem to be too bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

"God Called In Sick Today" and "The Leaving Song" are my favourites. Not quite as produced as "Girls Not Grey" - a bit more raw. Check them out, and since you like "Girls Not Grey" so much, I'd assume you'd really like "Days of the Phoenix". Its very much in the same style.

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    Big fan of theirs i thought i was the only one out there. Sing the sorrow was prob the best album of 2003. Art of drowning was a classic.

you gotta listen to the Black Sails In The Sunset Album. its my favourite by far. i have three favourite songs:

The Prayer Position
    Days Of The Phoenix
    Total Immortal

Avery other song is kick ass too but they a my favouite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Definetly think The Art Of Drowning is class, but Sing The Sorrow wasn't as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

ohhh me me.
    i love afi. muchly so.
    had a chat to jade and davey in june and theyre tryna get playing over here - theyve wanted to play dublin for a while and never had the time.
    it would be so nice to see one of my favourite bands play here, they put on such an excellent show.

i dont know why but TAOD is my favourite album by them..but come on sing the sorrow is pretty good, you gotta admit.

does anyone got anything to say about Black Sails In the Sunset? it seems im the only one who prefers that album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

Everyone loves Black Sails.

i think its cos they started sounding more like the AFI we know today insteady totally punk rawk.

Ever and a day, wester, 6 to 8 and celluloid dream are amongst their best songs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 jahred

I heard a couple of songs from their new album and the sound really good whats the best album of theirs to buy first

i saw them play live before i started listening to them. the first album i bought was The Art Of Drowning. i would say to get that one first. such a good album

Did ne one see the NME live special on Mtv at 8:30 they only showed 3 songs:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Stoodgy

Afi are a really good band. Lyrically and musically they are underrated, ive never seen them live but i hope some day that they will play here in ireland live. Go to my thread cos ive started a petition foe afi fans to sign up their names and e-mail addresses to and when i have enough people ill send it off to the afi website to show them that their are Afi fans in Ireland as well.

My petition is called Afi petition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

I said it before, ill say it again, saw em at lowlands, out of all 30 odd bands i caught they were the best imo.
    Class act .

Advertisement