Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GL9 - more gaming, less leeching

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I tried to do that at the last lan with bf, but as it happened I had just reinstalled my os the night before so it wasn't in my registry, ERGO (did I spell that right) I want to have everything ready and patched in advanced this time, did you make that sig yourself RaveN? Good stuff!
    Tried to do what?
    Patch BF?
    From your conversations on #galwaylan you seem to have a very wierd and complicated hdd/OS setup.
    Were you trying to run BF from a previous installation on a seperate drive/partition to the one you wiped and installed the OS on?
    Well obviously it's not going to work then :)
    You've lost the CD key Registry entry.
    It *should* have popped up a box asking for the CD key like Half-life, but I've never had to do that with BF so I dunno for sure.
    You could've just installed BF from the CDs in a differenct folder to your previous install (ie C:\Prgram Files... instead of D:\wheveryoukkepttheoldinstall\BF1942... and tried running your previous install or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

k, I'm fed up with this, I've explained it on the galwaylan channel, I'm not gonna mention it here again so as not to get more questions.

Fin

Well FINE THEN!!!!!

/me throws a hissy-help-fit

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭electrofelix

Originally posted by toxick
    also Drake Felix was just using that time table as eg. of course no one can play 7 hours of BF i also played 0 Hours and 0 Minutes of BG last lan.

thats exactly what I meant, didn't mean for it to be taken literally. Just the idea of semi-designated times for the main games, which shouldn't stop anyone from running their own server if they and a few friends want to play a particular game if their not interested in the main game going on.

Most annoying thing ever is when your not interested in a particular game, so after a while of messing around in some half-arsed games you wander off to get food, arrive back about an hour later only to find that not only is the game you want to play in full swing but its one of the best ones ever, and then finishes 15 minutes after you arrive back.

CS on the sunday ruled :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

lol felix , it sure did, but now we will be expecting so much more from the next one.

btw shields kick ass for messing about with!! :D

also i got the version 7 update for it so duals will $800 and increased damage if it means anything at all :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by Caliden

also i got the version 7 update for it so duals will $800 and increased damage if it means anything at all :p

It doesnt, they're still ****e.

well it says they are 800 but actually cost $1000, patch has since been retracted.

btw what are the elites like in-game as i hvent tried them myself yet since getting isdn :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Originally posted by DRakE
    Give it up. It will NEVER happen. You've said this for every single lan so far, and it hasnt happened. GIVE IT UP!

Actually at GL2 we had about 1 1/2 hour game of AvP

Also, I'm sure thats how alot of people feel when it comes to CS - everyone getting owned bar you & Raven.

Everyone has to take their turn at being the bitch.

Personally though, I dont really go to lans to play games.

I mean, I have DSL at home, I can play games whenever I want.

I go for the leeching ;)

That said, I enjoy the games ALOT too so I try to find a balance.

Btw, whats the story with the offline "crack" for steam?

Do I need it now that they apparently released an update which supports lan games?

Originally posted by Ivan
    Btw, whats the story with the offline "crack" for steam?

Do I need it now that they apparently released an update which supports lan games?

Nope, you don't need it.

Originally posted by Ivan

I go for the leeching ;)

I like your style.

• Advertisement

leeching freeware of course,
    the quality of freeware these days is astounding and in such abundance too

Of course. Whatever else would I be leeching?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Originally posted by quetzal
    Of course. Whatever else would I be leeching?

:D

What about Shareware & Abandonware? :ninja:

why would anyone leech any shareware/abandonware? Abandonware games are rarely larger than 2 megs, and shareware is ****e.

Originally posted by quetzal
    why would anyone leech any shareware/abandonware? Abandonware games are rarely larger than 2 megs, and shareware is ****e.

You don't know what you're talking about David.

System Shock2 is abandonware.
    It's ~600megs for the CD image file.

Wolfenstein 3D and Doom were shareware.
    There are lots of handy utilities and apps that are freeware\trialware\shareware.

Get back on topic.
    Less talk about the leeching.
    More talk about the gaming.

I popped into Smyth's today.
    I should be hearing from someone in there in a few days as to whether we can get some games/stuff as prizes.

good stuff, u found mary easy enuff so :p

Advertisement