Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheres that site that allows you to calculate the total wattage your system is using?

• 11-02-2004 4:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭

I remember it...you used to go onto it, tick the boxes for what you had and click calculate or whatever and it would tell you how much your using and how much you need. Does anyone know what i mean?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

i think this is what ur after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

http://www.adecy.com/psu/ - just a rough guide thou'.

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Thats the one!

Thanks man :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Originally posted by Ronaldo7
    Thats the one!

Thanks man :)

don't see how that one can be right. it gave me 289w. my psu is 220w and everything runs fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Originally posted by dazberry
    http://www.adecy.com/psu/ - just a rough guide thou'.

D.

and this one gave me 316watts!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

ahh u serious? Thats crazy....anyone shed any light on this?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

gave me 480 and i have a 360watt /me runs before it explodes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

Disclaimer: I did say it was rough :rolleyes: and I didn't write it, I just googled it ;)

TBH You'd need a list of every motherboard, card and hd etc., before you could realistically calculate the power requirement. I've a slimline PC here with a 190w PSU running an AMD XP 2000+ that neither of those links would suggest would work - it works fine :)

But, having googled, http://www.firingsquad.com/guides/power_supply/default.asp makes interesting reading.

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,654 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by dazberry
    TBH You'd need a list of every motherboard, card and hd etc., before you could realistically calculate the power requirement.

And the rest. What about different speeds of all the fans in your system, non-standard voltages you send to cpu, ram and gpu? Efficiency of the PSU and effective output? The article takes the specified output as a given, but this is a mistake

Most PSU's overstate their output. Even top makes 480W could only output a max of 450W-460W. Let alone low end PSU's. Known exception are Fortron and Zalman. Their 400W offerings actually output 450W max

Advertisement