Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Cut Price BB Specials End Fri 13th Feb

• 11-02-2004 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

...yeah, creepy innit :D . Better ring them and order by 5pm Friday on 1800512128

After that :

full price rental €54.50 a month or whatever
    4Gb cap we all love so well
    full price modem
    full price engineer install
    full price self install/setup charge

all back at their October levels with no discounts applicable.

No movement between Comreg and Eircom on agreeing new (lower prices) for 512k ..... Eircom are reputedly trying to introduce a 'new' 'lower price' product to avoid giving discounts to those already paying the €54.50 a month . Those on the 512k product will get a free bitstream transfer to the new (lower spec) product if they wish was what I heard.

No chance of a new price on the 1st of March the deadline for agreement on that was last Monday so the best that can be hoped for is that a deal by friday will extend the temporary install/setup discounts in place now for the 512k products.

M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well this shows this country is still going backwards.

just after i thought we made some progress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

Jaysus those Eircon Fu*kers will get their final reward in HELL (I hope) :mad:

Cranoo. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Calman

Is that just €ircon? Does UTV's deadline of Feb 20th still stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

The main page on the Broadband section of the Eircom site quotes 13th as the end date... however the page for the service itself says 29th. Interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

I'm quite sure the utv date of the 20th still stands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Just rang Eircom on 1800512128

Last orders today and tomorrow at the cheap install rate, they have no idea when the new pricing comes in so its back to the old from Monday morning.

Nor will they GUARANTEE in writing (by email for example) that the proposed price cuts from €54.45 a month to €39.99 a month will aplly to those currently signed up.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭dsab

I called Eircom yesterday. I tried to find out how much they know. I told the guy that I believe they will seize taking orders on Friday, and publishing the new offer on moday... he couldn`t comment of course...

Then I asked about getting out of the 12 month contract if I wanna switch to a cheaper deal in the future. And he said that the ywould charge 150 Euro release-fee to cover the cost of the Modem.

Called UTV leter to check their way...and they said that even when prices are going down, I will have to fullfill the 12 months contract under all circumstances. no release at all... other then paying up for the remainder of the contract.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

According to the Esat Bt site, there cheap broadband offer ends on the 20th of feb. better call them soon.

Advertisement