Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UT2004 Demo Released !!!

Options
  • 11-02-2004 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭

From Bluesnews.

Later today, Atari and Epic Games will release the highly anticipated official demo for Unreal Tournament 2004 to gamers worldwide. Fans will be able to download the Unreal Tournament 2004 official demo directly from www.unrealtournament.com as well as from several worldwide mirror servers that can be found at www.unrealtournament.com.

The full game will be available at retail outlets in March; pre-orders are now available at all major video game sales outlets.

The Unreal Tournament 2004 official demo includes five playable game modes, and offers fans their first taste of Unreal Tournament 2004’s two new game modes: the introduction of the hyper-charged Onslaught mode and the return of the fan-favorite Assault mode, which last appeared in the original Unreal Tournament. The demo also features established gametypes like Deathmatch, Capture the Flag and Bombing Run.

-- Onslaught Mode: Onslaught is a epic-in-scope team-based challenge that pits two teams in bitter warfare across massive terrain maps in a frag-filled battle to destroy, capture and hold key power nodes. Vehicles play a major role as war-hardened flying and driving machines transport combatants to the “front” and serve as mobile platforms to launch devastating attacks on the enemy.

-- Assault Mode: In the completely redesigned Assault mode, gamers are challenged to attack or defend bases in a bigger and badder version of the Unreal Tournament classic; many Assault maps require the use of vehicles as a critical gameplay element.

For more information, please visit www.unrealtournament.com

:D
    Sweet,i'll post up some mirrors when it's released.(200MB)

MIRRORS

Unreal Tournament 2004 DEDICATED LINUX DEMO SERVER v3120

http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/unrealtourn2k4/ut2004-lnxded-demo-3120.tar.bz2.html

Voodoo Extreme DEDICATED LINUX DEMO SERVER v3120

http://download.factoryunreal.com/mirror/ut2004-lnxded-demo-3120.tar.bz2

CombatCow

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

/me gets ready!

set..........

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Just checked there, still no link..
    can#t wait though,

just saw this in the specs
    Hard Disk Space: 5.5 GB free
    jasus!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

jasus, your right about them being hammered alright!

file not found on all of them its so busy,
    Downloading off nvidia, doing segmant downloading and getting a lil bit over 50k

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

try

ftp://ftp.freenet.de/pub/4players/badct/games/ut2k4/stuff/ut2004-betademo.exe

getting 63kb from it.
    Tis a german UT clans site who host a lot of stuff including ut movies etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

downloads.ign.com worked well for me. Hit 100k once or twice but was generally around 60k.

Tried to play online but I was getting massive pings. New to online gaming. Have IOLBB. Whats my best course of action?

Getting 100k from that one BK, good work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Well im very impressed with the DM-Rankin level,it's well sweet.they seeme to have added a lot more particle/lighting affects from explosions and lasers which is really nice looking.The AI is the same from what i can see,dam good.nice selection of levels for the demo, hopefully the rest of them in the full game will be of the same standard.i was running it at 1600x1200 with max textures ( they would let ) and the rest,and peformance wise played perfectly.The new shock rifle and other weapons feel really solid and powerful ( like original ut )
    overall it's well worth the DL. ;)

Heres a quick pic aswell,of 2 bots running in fear :D

CombatCow

It looks pretty much the same, except with new shader effects, which look rubbish. Weapons seem easier to use though.

I don't see why they are releasing this though, It's basically UT2003.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Anyone wanna throw this and Desert Combat 0.7 on a disk for me

Cheers

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Originally posted by Giblet
    Getting 100k from that one BK, good work.
    I'm getting 210k :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

very smooth. I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Gah, its the same bloody crap as last years effort. Hopeless AI, shiny friggin gfx that get in the way of the game, weapons do indeed feel a little different. UT - The fifa of the FPS world :(

Originally posted by Rabies
    I'm getting 210k :D

im getting 311k :):p

Been playing onslaught all morning.
    It ****ing rocks.

They made the weapon switch a little slower and the guns more powerful.
    ALso runs smoother and feels much much better :D

Think this might be a hit with me :)

(also when i firt loaded up i heard the UT music and memories came flooding back. Aint head UT music in years and i was so nostalgic :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    try

ftp://ftp.freenet.de/pub/4players/badct/games/ut2k4/stuff/ut2004-betademo.exe

getting 63kb from it.
    Tis a german UT clans site who host a lot of stuff including ut movies etc.

class, 250kb/s average

cheers B-K-DzR :)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

I've stuck up 4 ut2k4 demo servers. All are currently running onslaught. That can be changed etc.. let us know..

games1.iol.ie:7778
    games1.iol.ie:8777
    games5.iol.ie:7777
    games5.iol.ie:8777

i just need to restart the first one at some stage to make it a 20 player server.

ftp://ftp.playerofgames.com/pub/demos/ut2004betademo.exe is a local Irish mirror.

HTH's.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Nice one Ronin,;)

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

did G W Bush have input in to the game, it mentions weapons of mass destruction in onslaught mode :)

had quick game or two earlier.... seems ok, didn't play UT2003 so i can't compare it with that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Cant think of correct name but gamemode where teams have to take control of power nodes is superb especially online.
    Very very like Planetside which is a good thing,better graphics than PS though an as usual solid netcode.
    GFX dont look too much better in fairness :(

• Advertisement

I can't seem to update my list of ut servers?
    why's that?
    i can only add faverites..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I cant log on at all to it either, no servers loading:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Logged in alright but was getting pings of about 100 and some nasty spikes so I gave up for now. Still an enjoyble game that ill be buyign at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

The master server went down earlier today, it's back up now though.

dcully that would be onslaught :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

holy fuckizle, the onslaught owns. i like the voice comms thats built into the game, you can form small tactics with your teammates instantly without pausing to type. i cant wait to see what other vehicles the full version will have. :)

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

I tried to last night for about 15 minutes but i gave up cause i couldnt stand the lag. Anyone else getting bad lag while playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

what connection have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Ronin

Wasn't getting any lag at all when I was playing online was pretty solid all the time and that was on isdn.

P

• Advertisement

dont think ive noticed any lag on the irish server that wasnt caused by my dloads.

Think there is only one vehicle missing... the leviathon or something.

Im sure they can add more tho with bonus pack updates and such. Having had no expectations about this game im so so happy that its god fun. Aint tried ctf yet tho, just been playing onslaught.

Advertisement