Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedensdays Premiership Matches *spoilers*

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

quote:
    Originally posted by tinky
    What . . Arsenal LOST !!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!

Tinky

lol posted again in case he misses it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

3 wins in a row our best run since the 2001/2002 season. GO ON THE VILLA. Dave o leary has done a fantastic job in turning our fortunes around. we`re only 1 point off uefa. This run willl give us confidence going into our Big game against the blues on sunday week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

We're 4th, Hurrah! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭G

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    This run willl give us confidence going into our Big game against the blues on sunday week.
    I'll be in the Holte End for that. Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Arsenal                       25 [B]61[/B]   

Man Utd                       25 [B]56[/B]   

Chelsea                       25 [B]55[/B]   

Liverpool                     25 [B]38[/B]   
      ------------------------------------------- 
      Newcastle                     25 [B]38[/B]   

Charlton                      25 [B]37[/B]   

Aston Villa                   25 [B]36[/B]   

Fulham                        25 [B]35[/B]   

Birmingham                    24 [B]35[/B]   

Bolton                        25 [B]34[/B]   

Tottenham                     25 [B]33[/B]   

Southampton                   25 [B]31[/B]   

M'brough                      24 [B]31[/B]   

Blackburn                     25 [B]27[/B]   

Everton                       25 [B]25[/B]   

Man City                      25 [B]24[/B]   

Portsmouth                    25 [B]23[/B]   
      ---------------------------------------------- 
      Leicester                     25 [B]21[/B]   

Leeds                         25 [B]20[/B]   

Wolves                        25 [B]20[/B]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Why have you put a line under the Top 3, its the top 4 that counts for CL. ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

What's the line between Chelsea and Liverpool stand for? (Apart from the obvious "Gulf In Class"!)

I assume it should be under Liverpool.

Originally posted by mike65
    Why have you put a line under the Top 3, its the top 4 that counts for CL. ;)

Mike.
    LOL. I new it looked a bit strange.:p

BTW Birmingham are only 3 points off a cl spot with a game in hand and only last week they dropped outside the top ten. Strange league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Liverpool, who i support, have been utterly crap all season, if we managed to fluke a CL spot we'll get our arses kicked. 18 points off the pace in february? Complete joke, Houllier needs to step down in the summer and not get pushed out in the sad fashion that Roy Evans did.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

With Charlton sinking fast that 6th place UEFA cup spot looks up for grabs. Realistically it could be Charlton, Villa, Fulham, Birmingham or even Tottenham (god forbid) who are doing well at the moment. Very interesting to see so many teams not usually accustomed to being up there having a good chance at europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Heh wp Boro. Anyone see the highlights? Was utds defence actually poor or what? I heard Howard made a mistake for one of the goals. No surprise Boro won really, they're a bit of a bogey side for Utd. I had a tenner on them at 9/1 so should be a good weekend for me with pay day tomorrow too :D

Apart from the top three the league is very very close. Even at the bottom its kinda all to play for. I can't see it taking 40 points to keep u safe this season, i think it'll be less. I mean realistically anyone maybe even as far down the table as Boro could clinch a champs league spot if they put a bit of a run together.

Bit of a worry that Everton have still failed to win in 2004. Didn't see the game or highlights but it looks like they were trounced.

Originally posted by James R
    Heh wp Boro. Anyone see the highlights? Was utds defence actually poor or what? I heard Howard made a mistake for one of the goals. No surprise Boro won really, they're a bit of a bogey side for Utd.
    While you were writing that post you could have been watching the highlights on UTV.:p Yes, Howard could have done better for the first goal. The defence was only to blame for Boro's third, the second was from a corner and Nicky Butt should have got the better of Juninho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I had Boro at 11-1 to win ;) whoot! I'm now 220 Yoyo Richer :)

Boror are by no means a bad side but I thought it would be low scoring enough, Boror's defence is usually good....

thheir attack is awful, so its says alot about the mis-balance of Utd's team that they lost 3-2!

Utd were stung badly at Everton for corners and it seems the defence was woeful again.

5 points behind now.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    While you were writing that post you could have been watching the highlights on UTV.:p Yes, Howard could have done better for the first goal. The defence was only to blame for Boro's third, the second was from a corner and Nicky Butt should have got the better of Juninho.

I know I'm kinda kicking myself now. I always forget about it because usually I just flick through the Sky EPG and never think about the other stations :( Ah well I'll catch them in the morning!

Howard was definately at fault for the first goal (spilled a shot underneath his body), Fortune was also partially at fault for ball watching and not tracking Juninho. Second goal was a combination of fault between Fortune/Butt/Howard. 3rd goal was quality by Boro, though Phil Neville could have done a little better.

Utd didn't seem to defend very well but credit where it's due, Boro played very well. Southgate's block on JOS's shot was absolutely superb. Nice header off the bar from 2 yards out by Forlan at the death too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Ha, anyone see Ian Walker's cock-up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

villa for the champs league!

looking at our next 6 matches i can see us getting maximum points with a bit of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Originally posted by syke
    I had Boro at 11-1 to win ;) whoot! I'm now 220 Yoyo Richer :)

Where the hell did you get those odds?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

tote, but Bet365 were offering much the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by kaids
    2042: Paul Scholes and Doriva are lucky to stay on the pitch at Old Trafford after exchanging punches - referee Paul Durkin seems to have missed the clash.

oooh!

tis funny how nobody else has metioned this kaids.

wonder if video evidence will get either a ban or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by Kaimera
    tis funny how nobody else has metioned this kaids.

wonder if video evidence will get either a ban or something.

Not likely

Doesn't seem likely, he deserves one though... from what i saw on the Premiership, there was no 'exchange' involved - they had a bit of a tangle and Scholes raised his arm to Doriva's face.

Originally posted by kaids
    Doesn't seem likely, he deserves one though... from what i saw on the Premiership, there was no 'exchange' involved - they had a bit of a tangle and Scholes raised his arm to Doriva's face.
    Yeah, thats all it was. No punches involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    Yeah, thats all it was. No punches involved.

So the same as 'The Battle Of Old Trafford" then ?:)

Advertisement