Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chris Kanyon released

• 11-02-2004 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

good riddance thats what i say "who better than Kanyon" er everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Nobody has seen or heard anything bout Kanyon since Invasion. Other people gettin the boot hopefully will be Bill DeMott, Ernest "the cat", Mark henry, Willy regal and Rosey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by The Phenom
    "who better than Kanyon" er everybody

i was going to say that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

From what I hear, he was pretty good in WCW. My only experiences of him, however, have been jobbing to Kane and Taker and popping out of a box dressed as Boy George.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭The Phenom

damn straight bill get rid of all those fat asses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

tbh it's more possible talent realesed that had lots of potential.

Look at mike awesome - 300 pound power house who was agile, something wwe can't achieve in their talent. He had a reputation that could have been easily built on, gets injured and is released.

Also nova, a man that never used the same moveset twice. He was on wwe's books (think it was ovw) and we still haven't seen him. Must have been released? Shame really...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Originally posted by Bungalow Bill
    Nobody has seen or heard anything bout Kanyon since Invasion. Other people gettin the boot hopefully will be Bill DeMott, Ernest "the cat", Mark henry, Willy regal and Rosey.

hang on a sec there, the above wrestlers may have some slight merit to them n leave Rosey alone at least he is funny, these guys could be worked on but if anyone is to be fired from wwe it should be Rico, that useless, ridicilous excuse of a human being hasnt got the mentality to clean my broken toilet with a 2nd hand toothbrush. I aint over the top here, only thing that he has goin for him is a mild success at putting the crowd asleep during his matchs.

His outlook, however, has improved considerably: Regal’s in-ring return was once considered questionable at best. These days, he speaks in terms that suggest that his comeback is more of a “when” than an “if.”

Source:
    http://www.wwe.com/news/headlines/1253844

Don't think regal is gone any time soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

do any of you know that kanyon nearly died last year?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

Originally posted by Bungalow Bill

bill demott is doing very well as colour comantater on volicity (although he wasnt on last week)

mark henry was looking very good this last wile(injured)

willy regal was one of the best heels juring his stint in wwe (although it was getting stale)

rosey is funny but the s.h.i.t will never fly

i think miller is injured but he is stinking up the ring (and getting heel heat for it)

no i think it was a complication in surgery, could be wrong.ill have a look now an ill post a link to as very good article i read on him a while back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

That had something to do with a botched spot with Taker I think, after he ****ed him outside the ring, he needed surgery. it was on the same night of the boy george impression.

I might be wrong on that one now, so don't take it as gospel. Kanyon was good but again, WWE had no idea what to do with him. Apart from feeding him to Mark Calloway.

Nero

nah it happened before that. that was his "big comeback". i found that article i was talking about here i was never a big kanyon fanboy, i never saw any of the supposed amazing matches he had in wcw, but this article kinda hit home with me. i mean how pissed off would you be if you were injured, nearly died as a consequence and were pretty much demoted and eventually sacked as a result.

heres a paragraph from that article

During his second match for the HWA, Kanyon went for a top rope splash, and, as planned, his opponent rolled out of the way. He hit the mat incorrectly, accidentally using his shoulder to block the impact, and instantly, he knew something bad had happened. Somehow, he worked through the pain and finished the match, refusing to let anyone know that he was even injured. Chris planned to get his shoulder checked out, but before he had the chance, he was scheduled to wrestle an OVW match with Damaja. He believed that he would let down a lot of people if he didn't compete, and was of course unaware that this match would aggravate the injury and eventually leave him on the brink of death. In terrible pain, Chris completed his obligation, losing to Damaja in a long and praised contest, even with a horribly injured shoulder. Merely days after the event, Kanyon received his call-up to the main roster, but before he went on the road with the company, he decided to go in for a massage on his shoulder. His therapist was stunned at how horrible it looked, so on her advice, he went to have it checked. Kanyon went to his own doctors, understandably afraid to tell the WWE he had suffered another injury. Eventually, it didn't matter, as it was far, far worse than he had imagined, and became impossible to hide. He found out that his shoulder was infected, and an abcess in it had to be removed immediately, as infection was causing migraines and a build up of fluid in his lungs. One night, after watching a Pay Per View event with some friends, Chris lost consciousness and passed out, needing to be rushed to the hospital with breathing problems. During this visit, Chris Kanyon nearly passed away because of an injury he received and aggravated while doing what he loves best: performing for the fans.

It's probably better that he was released, he'd have a better chance of exposure (provided he's recovered from injury) on TNA or something.

Nero

"As was reported earlier today on WWE.com, I was released from my contract with the WWE effective Monday 2-9-04. For the past year or so I have not been 100% happy with the direction of my career and of my life in general. This release actually comes at a very good time for me…. I have not completely decided what I will do at this time, but there are many prospects for me in and out of pro wrestling and I am excited about the potential for my future. I know a lot of this sounds like politically correct bull, but the truth is I am happier, more motivated and more excited than I have been in a long time. My past 12 years in this business have been phenomenal and have provided me many great opportunities and memories. I am sure that whatever I decide to do in the future will provide many more great opportunities and memories for me, my family and friends. I will keep everyone updated on my future."

This might be kinda morbid, but does anyone else think this is denial and a potential for a suicide note, or is that just me?

Answers on a postcard please...
    Nero

that occured to me as i read it. certainly has an air of finality in parts of it.

Originally posted by a-hole

mark henry was looking very good this last wile(injured)

Sorry but he is a waste of talent. The only reason he is on wwe tv is because he's being paid a lucrative contract for being "worlds strongets man". TBH he's one of the poorest, slowest and deangerous wrestlers in the business (not in a psychotic way either). He's just taking up time for valuable young potential coming through.

Did anyone see a while back when he jumped through the middle rope and nearly decapitated some wrestlers head (you know his signature move when he jumps through the second rope...) It went horribly wrong. So how can anyone say mark henry is good?

Yeah... something definitely doesn't feel right about this. :/
    Nero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Apparantly Chris Kanyon has a lot of friends in TNA and would have no problem getting a job if he wanted it. I think he was telling the truth in the statement, a lot of people are apparantly really pissed off by how they're being used (or not used) in wwe at the moment. If he hadn't been let go he'd just be hanging around in OVW doing very little.
    On the nova thing, he's been doing house shows for raw in the past few weeks and is supposed to have been very impressive, he'll be on TV sometime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

hes got more chance in a smaller fed but by reading the letter he seems to be retiring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Id say he'll be on TNA within the next week or two!!
    And they are lucky to have him, he's a fantastic talent and had some of the most innovative moves ive certainly ever seen!!

WWE misses out again!!

Advertisement